Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Parent and Child spaces

Old 02-17-2014, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parent and Child spaces

no matter whether you agree with P&T spaces or not, this kind of parking to just stupid. We could barely get our 2 month old in the back in her car seat.

And no, the offender did not have a baby seat in the car, so clearly didn't need the space (not that it is a space anyway, it's the hatched area to allow folk to get the kids in and out safely).

I was left with an upset baby getting wet as we tried to shoe horn the seat in the back of the car and a nice scratch as the idiot clearly couldn't get out easily himself and seemingly hit our car.

Had I not had the kids with me (obviously I wouldn't have been parked there if I hadn't) I would have waited for the moron to return to his car and let him know my opinion on his choice of parking place.

Some people amaze me.

I said to my wife next car is a beater (bog old volvo I think), so when this happens again, I will just drag the front bumper along the entire side of numpties cars as a lesson in not parking like a pleb.

annoyed? yes.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Trouble is, you have no idea why the car was parked there. Maybe it was an emergency. Unless you were on the spot when it was parked it's all assumption. And remonstrating with people can be a very dangerous game to play.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:56 AM

I left a note on his window, i'm not a confrontational person and certainly not with my wife and children on board. It was raining and these are the closes spaces to the store.

I am assuming yes, he was a lazy selfish to$$er. (could have been a she of course)

I've sent it to Sainsburys as they use a car park management company, hopefully they will issue a fine.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

I still fail to see why anyone would want to make a miserable trip to the shops worse by dragging wailing offspring along with them.

Have 'parent and child' times - then the rest of us can go in peace and quiet outside of those times.

Or buy smaller cars that can still fit shopping and offspring in without requiring half a football pitch for a space and 23 cameras to pilot said childbarge into.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:28 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

Silly question I know, but why did you not
a)Use the driver side rear door to load the sprog
or
b) reverse a bit to give you clearance?
Old 02-17-2014, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 10 month old and a 3 yr old. I must admit the p&t spaces are a blessing when avalible.

UF.. you say leave them at home? How do I do this may I ask? The wife works Saturday & sunday.. I work monday to friday.

I take them shopping when we drop the wife off at work so it makes a shorter trip in total.
How do you suppose I leave them at home?

The parking that the OP has had to endure is just pure sh*t and I would have returned a nice scratch if they had damaged your car.

I find shopping made worse, with the fact we now have to share the isles with people who take up 2 peoples space, that require leaning on the trolley to keep them up right and walking at a snail pace because they cant move their fat arse.... made worse when their partner also has the same issue and they are pushing a trolley each full to the brim of junk food.

I agree the p&t spaces are a little bit generous with their space, it allows you to open the door fully to get the child seat in and out without having to perform a magic trick with a shoes horn , because some inconsiderate cun't parks millimetres from the doors .
Old 02-17-2014, 04:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whilst unless an emergency as Gad suggests there is no excuse for Focus parking there, that CRV (yours?) is parked at a funny old angle!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:16 AM

the answers from parents and non parents will be obvious here!

sprog 2 is in other side, car seat base is fixed in that side, so has to go there.

Sure, I could have reversed out, left wife and child in the rain and blocked the car park.

I dumped it there as was a poor angle to get in and frankly it really didn't affect anyone but me as there no space the other side, all i did was give everyone else more room along the rank, room that this selfish tw*t stuffed his car in that should not have been there.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:36 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Walk further - save the nation from future fatties.

In all seriousness.

Parent and child parking spaces ( and their use / misuse of) are such a 1st world problem. If you really have so little time, you'd do all your shopping online and have someone bring it to you at a pre booked time of your choosing.

You only need a bigger space when you, your brood or your car are too fat to fit into the usual spaces. Some people get out before they try and fit the car in the space and then the driver goes and parks wherever the space is.

Next we'll have 'monthly shopper' spaces where those who are doing a big shop will park because they have so much shopping, it's unreasonable to expect them to walk too far whilst pushing all that weight.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:43 AM

UF - would you use a service that made your life easier, or would you turn it down and say, that's alright I'll struggle.

I rarely go to supermarkets in the car as buy locally on a 'as we need it basis' but sometimes needs must.

When I do go and need to get a few bits, I use a trolley as they are provided for my convenience, I don't try and carry it all around in my hands.

If a service is provided for me to use, I will, it pisses me off when people abuse it just because they are selfish and have little consideration for others, a common problem nowadays.

Quick Reply: Parent and Child spaces