Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Other drivers are retarded

Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Other drivers are retarded

I know the subject has been done to death and it's passé to moan about middle lane hoggers these days, even though the combination of these ignorant arses and my OCD makes every motorway journey a miserable and angry nightmare for me, but one really got me wound up this evening and I had to share it with you all........

I was making my way along the M27, doing a touch over 70, keeping the flow with the other overtaking traffic, and as I appraoched a Merc that was dawdling up the middle lane at, I'd guess, about 60-65mph, the cheif cuntstable of the self-righteous, self-appointed unofficial Hampshire traffic division in the driving seat stuck his arm out of the window and gestured for me to slow down.

Now, I know I was travelling a nat's over the limit (guilty as charged, so ****ing what?), but not discernably so, and hardly at an outrageously excessive speed, slow in fact by most people's motorway standards. But where the ***k did that old knobhead get off thinking that he was in some way demonstrating better driving standards by causing an obstruction and encouraging many people to under-take him?

What a complete ****ing ***t!

Ahh; that feels a bit better now.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me started.

Had an interesting day in the fog on the M3 & M27 today.

I would love to be a traffic cop in an unmarked Evo.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:56 PM

We need US TV hick-town cops policing our roads, the sort that pull a car over, smash the lights and then give the driver a ticket. It seems like a fair punishment for incorrect fog light use
Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Middle lane hogging is getting worse.

There's a certain type of person who does it IMO...

I'm maybe as bad, but my level of safe undertaking in the inside lane is also getting worse. They should be shot. It must cause a fair amount extra traffic flow issues.

Another observation here though... If you do use the inside lane and are approaching a slower moving car / lorry, what the f@#k is wrong with people in the middle lane boxing you in when they can clearly move to the outside of the 3 lanes and prevent you braking. I really don't get that. I've ended up getting visually angry with people doing this and they just look baffled. It's just f@#king driving ignorance.

The reverse is that I've many times moved to the fast lane to ensure someone on the inside doesn't have to brake for a lorry, and there's rarely any form of recognition.

So I can see why some just stick to the middle.

That and the fact that the inside lane drives something like being on a train track.

PS I once saw a rozzer pull someone over for middle lane hogging and it made my week
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MB
PS I once saw a rozzer pull someone over for middle lane hogging and it made my week
Did they administer a Rodney King style beating at the roadside? Fair punishment for a middle lane infringement IMO
Old 10-22-2012, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
Now, I know I was travelling a nat's over the limit (guilty as charged, so ****ing what?)
Well, you were breaking the speed limit, so you are automatically the Devil. Judge/Beak would certainly have you on that regardless of what middle lane guy was doing.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:03 PM

Personally, in that situation, I'd have sidled up next to the driver with his window open, dropped it into 3rd and given it the beans. Benefits of a non-standard exhaust...

I say we get Anonymous to hack into all the major car makers' dealer service systems and set the assisted steering to violently pull the car into lane 1 unless it detects an obstruction.

My rant from this morning - if weren't sitting 4ft off the bumper of the car in front at motorway speeds, you wouldn't have to keep effing braking!!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 AM

I would have given him the 3rd gear treatment, but i was driving a Jag diesel, so gently wafting by wouldn't have had the same effect
Old 10-23-2012, 12:25 AM

ahhh in that case blow a kiss.

"and a good day to YOU, sir!"
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 AM

or throw down the string-back leather driving glove and challenge him to a duel

Quick Reply: Other drivers are retarded