Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Oh poor little Policeman

Old 08-27-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JASPERTHEHORSE,Aug 27 2006, 06:59 PM
I used to use nightshift to sharpen my skills when you had whole roads virtually to yourself. As pointed out the only risk was to me and my crewmate, any "interference" on the road ahead of us would cause parachute and anchor deployment.
So don't you think it's double standards when some of your own book people for driving above the speed limit on quiet roads. For example on deserted m/way at 7am on saturday morning?

Old 08-27-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you do as a career now Jasper?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Aug 26 2006, 06:37 AM
It's exactly the same as the way the word 'cvnt' has fallen from a normal word into one where I'm not even allowed to type it correctly.
If typhoo put the "Oo" in tea, who put the c**t in Scunthorpe?
Old 08-27-2006, 12:00 PM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by GarethB,Aug 27 2006, 07:45 PM
who put the c**t in Scunthorpe?
was it that coppers dad?

i like jasper's response.. exactly right.. what's good for me is good for pc plod..

soo...

forget making such a big deal about speeding and we're all happy..
Old 08-27-2006, 12:40 PM

I understand that at interview his solicitor reminded the interviewer that the policeman was "trained to do this" which presumably was taken into account for the decision.
Would it therefore be reasonable to assume that if a soldier, who is trained to kill would also get off by using the same argument if he decided to dispatch someone???
Old 08-27-2006, 02:04 PM

What goes for the public should go for the Police. Shocking double standards
Old 08-27-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a police advanced driver - I don't feel the need .... nor have I ever, to go out and test a car to max lash .... and I am traffic now and still don't feel the need. There will be individuals that will - but I am not one of them ..... and am happy to say so !
Old 08-28-2006, 11:28 AM

Answers to Moggy and Carper...

Moggy, I dont know if it is double standards. It all depends on the cop in question. If for example I had of come across someone "exceeding" the limit on an empty road at 3am in the morning I would have taken a different outlook to the same person "exceeding" the limit at 2pm in the afternoon. All about speed vs conditions vs attititude in my humble opinion. I can however see why someone would view this example as double standards. I would never have pushed a car on in a 30mph, that was a NO NO then and a NO NO today, anyone exceeding limits in built up areas deserves all that is coming their way. Motorway, dual carriageway and good open A roads are a different matter. Infact once I got older and more mature I have actually seem me terminate pursuits and let the scum drive off into the distance (dependent on circumstances of course) it just wasnt worth the risk for a simple stolen vehicle.

Carper, I am now one of the top 20 sales executives for Land Rover UK. Do I miss the police service, erm..... Not likely!!! I grew to hate the Police Service and what it was becoming, hence it was time to leave. I joined to be a copper, not a politically correct dummy scared to speak to people in case I got sued!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by John57,Aug 28 2006, 01:04 AM
I'm a police advanced driver - I don't feel the need .... nor have I ever, to go out and test a car to max lash .... and I am traffic now and still don't feel the need. There will be individuals that will - but I am not one of them ..... and am happy to say so !
How come you deleted most of your post mate?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Well All I can say is...... He shouldn't have been caught. After all the definition of Speeding is getting caught.

Besides it's nice to know that there are Police cars out there that can give an S2K a run for its money.

Quick Reply: Oh poor little Policeman