Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Notice of intended prosecution

Old 07-18-2011, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask to see a copy of the Certificate of Calibration for the radar gun.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattlad
Ask to see a copy of the Certificate of Calibration for the radar gun.
You could ask to see the Laser's calibration certificate ... but clutching at straws springs to mind ...

If speeding just take it on the chin - it's not the end of the world.

If you get four in a week though I think asking them to check it may be a good idea
Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 AM

One county had it process recently that the camera wasn't calibrated correctly and had to hand back quite a bit of cash however John is right, its clutching at straws.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:04 AM

Process = proven (bloody fat fingers on HTC)
Old 07-18-2011, 05:13 AM

Fair enough.

No i sent the details.

We will see.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by arsie

My speeding 'crime' was - 38mph
79 on a totally empty, dry and sunmy carriageway on a Sunday afternoon for me Rog.
Shot in my receding arse with a 20/20 laser by a car in a side access turning. At least thats what they told me.
Always funny to pull aside for blues and twos to pass on the way to a job... only to find its stops behind you lol.

The Bristol course was 99% directed at speeding in urban areas, 30mph limits.
Only in about the last sentence was a cursory nod to the 'high end speeders amongst you'.
The comment was simply that the knock on the door would be 'for you and not someone elses child'.
A strange approach. And more or less affirmed what I have always thought about this scheme.
It's mostly bollocks. It was far to short and attempted to cover too many things so all were done poorly.

I run training courses all the time, and this was poor for such a well resourced and experienced unit.

I wasn't brave enough to ask if the facilitators were on overtime as it was a weekend course.... but I'll guess they were.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 AM

They got me with a radar gun this morning .... 65 in a 40 was the result, although he said he reckoned I was doing 70+ when he first spotted me
Had to happen eventually I guess, but it's a bummer after 28 years with a completely pristine licence and I'm really annoyed with myself but there you go ....
The only thing that cheered me up was the fact that the next person they pulled over was in a Ford ASBO and the officer with the gun brought it over to the one processing my misdemeanour and said "what do you reckon ... straight to court?" .... there but for the grace ......
Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 PM

I have absolutely NO right to comment on speeding misdermeanours following my..erm..ticking off...at the beginning of 2010 (suffice to say I narrowly missed a certain MSN list from the end of last year..)

However.

To the OP:

"Driving the porker attracts this kind of grievance every time."

Grow a pair. You were driving too fast above the speed limit. The car would have been stationery without you operating it, and I don't believe a stationery car has ever been issued with a speeding ticket...
Old 07-21-2011, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by keith2.2
I don't believe a stationery car has ever been issued with a speeding ticket...
Maybe not, but in the early days of police radar they clocked a palm tree at 86 mph and a house doing 28 mph in Miami
Old 07-21-2011, 02:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although in this situation the authorises don't care who they catch or focus on any one group, it is true that certain cars will attract more attention than others. And no doubt a sports car driven by a younger guy will sound alarm bells to some. You only need to watch any of those Police, Camera, Action TV shows to see how true this is.

Quick Reply: Notice of intended prosecution