Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

New Merecedes benz C-Class

Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Merecedes benz C-Class

More proof - if it were required - that Mercedes have completely lost the plot.

This thing is Plug-ugly.

And the rear view is pretty grim too.

It's hard to believe the same company produced the beautiful and understated 190E...

Old 03-11-2014, 10:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I posted about this two years ago, IIRC. They all look like they've come from the Mattel Hot Wheels design studio ...
Old 03-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Polemicist
More proof - if it were required - that Mercedes have completely lost the plot.

This thing is Plug-ugly.

And the rear view is pretty grim too.

It's hard to believe the same company produced the beautiful and understated 190E...

I suppose if your name translated to Brown Sack, you'd design elegant cars though! He and Paul Bracq were the greatest.

Everything else has generally been a mess.

I like the new Actros though. Many of their commercials have also been a bit weird.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

I think merc,s for the last couple of years have had fairly ostentatious faces , to much bling , I know would suit me being an Essex boy , err old bloke. It s one of the reasons I didn't test drive one and landed up with a god awful Audi .
The Audi in fact is almost as bad , but you see quite few comments on Audi forums saying how's much the Audi acolytes Love the big butch fronts ! But then there is not accounting for taste , I think the BMW frontage is the best of the German offerings.
But what else is there , Lexus is ok , infinity seems to have poor reviews , so where does that leave the buyer of a new car,I mean Honda have lost the plot with soon to be only a couple of models on offer in the Uk,one the powered shopping trolley(Jazz) and the less than pretty Civic which isn't setting the world alight either ,oh there is the CRv I suppose.
Oh forgot Volvo, !
Old 03-11-2014, 01:11 PM

There's the HR-V soon (Vezel in Japan). I am Vezel!

It looks unlikely the Acura TLX will be coming far west of the Urals as a Honda, due to losttheplotitis in Japan.

You are of course, forgetting the lovely, tasteful (it's British, Chippo-sahib) XE.

Excusable since it's not out yet.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:37 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
I think merc,s for the last couple of years have had fairly ostentatious faces , to much bling , I know would suit me being an Essex boy , err old bloke. It s one of the reasons I didn't test drive one and landed up with a god awful Audi .
The Audi in fact is almost as bad , but you see quite few comments on Audi forums saying how's much the Audi acolytes Love the big butch fronts ! But then there is not accounting for taste , I think the BMW frontage is the best of the German offerings.
But what else is there , Lexus is ok , infinity seems to have poor reviews , so where does that leave the buyer of a new car,I mean Honda have lost the plot with soon to be only a couple of models on offer in the Uk,one the powered shopping trolley(Jazz) and the less than pretty Civic which isn't setting the world alight either ,oh there is the CRv I suppose.
Oh forgot Volvo, !
There's always this to feast your eyes on :

Old 03-12-2014, 12:35 PM

The return of Jewish Racing Gold. Classy.

Is that bird about to Miss Piggy the chav? Hayyyaa!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My old man had an E190 - bloody lovely to look at, but rock hard seats - not great when you have a boney arse and a trip from Limoges to Le Havre.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That Merc is...awful

The new Honda Civic Tourer looks like the best of the bunch from Honda's latest offerings

From the Japs, the Kia's and the Hyundai's seem to be where the designs are better IMO
Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperHamz
From the Japs, the Kia's and the Hyundai's seem to be where the designs are better IMO
Japs?!

Quick Reply: New Merecedes benz C-Class