Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

My S went in for repair today

Old 03-08-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My S went in for repair today

My S2000 was whacked by a taxi driver three weeks ago and finally went in for repair today now they've got the parts.My insurance company told me they'd give me a like for like courtesy car (elise,audi cabriolet etc) but no,they've given me this bloody thing that handles like a bus.And it's an auto too (first time i've ever driven one) and it's just totally rubbish.You put your foot down and it's literally seconds before the car responds.They just cannot fix my car quick enough,thankfully they say i'll have it back by next weekend. And i swear to god,the time the roof takes to go down on this thing,we could drop ours on the s,do a 0-60 run,stop and put the roof back up and the merc wouldn't be finished yet.You'd be buggered in a sudden downpour!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:11 PM

Get a few tip runs in before it goes back
Old 03-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Well it is the size of a large skip! It was a laugh trying to put it in the garage tonight,parking sensors went crazy in it!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your getting your car fixed. With a bit of luck that will be the end of your run of bad luck. Just in time to enjoy the sun with the roof down.

As coutresy cars go it's a lot better than what I've had in the past, but it does look a bit lardie.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 253 Likes on 218 Posts

I've some conifers that need taking away, will they fit? haha, seem to be a few s2 owners in fife, need to look out and flash/wave when I see another.
What bodyshop is your car in btw.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Where are you from martin?I've seen a berlina in kirkcaldy a few times,but driven by a blonde woman,your other half maybe?The cars in glenrothes coachworks,insurance companies choice.Happy about it though as they just did my neighbours VW and it's absolutely perfect.

Cheers for that jamie,i hope so too mate!Although the car will be getting yet another respray next year,i have plans!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:12 PM

Is the Merc really that bad then?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Maybe it's just because i'm so used to driving nothing but the S.It feels horrible on bends,the steering has NO feel,the brakes are poor and acceleration is rubbish.Don't get me wrong,when it does finally kick in the car fairly shifts but the response times are terrible.And silly things annoy me too,the pillar of the windscreen really obstructs my vision when driving,the passenger wing mirror is a bit weird and i haven't got a clue what half the buttons in it do!(the simplicity of the S scores with me!)It got the final nail in the coffin today,when my mum saw it she loved it,parental approval has always been a bad thing in my eyes!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by ikobo,Mar 8 2007, 08:56 PM
And i swear to god,the time the roof takes to go down on this thing,we could drop ours on the s,do a 0-60 run,stop and put the roof back up and the merc wouldn't be finished yet.You'd be buggered in a sudden downpour!
And stop again then put the roof back up too - all in less time

I didn't like the SLK that I was given when my S was repaired either
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 PM

You'd have to pay an awful lot of money to get a Merc that feels as agile, and performs as the S does.

Its a cruiser, you're supposed to put the roof down, your shades and scarf on and pootle down the high street in it

Quick Reply: My S went in for repair today