Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Millionaire Boy Racers

Old 01-06-2013, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O well im sure it will all stop in the next couple of years when a lambo doing 70mph hits a small child chasing after a ball that's bounced in to the road from behind a parked car, if its a 30 do 30 not 70!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
What about the confrontational old bloke who happily demonstrated aggression against a small kid.

Odd that he was black?
I don't think the child's colour had anything to do with it. A lot of people in London are not white.

However, the bloke was clearly a cantankerous old bugger who totally over reacted to what appeared to be a child's innocent mistake.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by GarethB
The programme was put together really badly with the aim of pitching two groups against each other in the minds of the viewer.
However, while you or I may go out and talk to a group of twenty-something youths when they're congregated outside where we live I can't see a woman in her sixties who lives alone doing the same. She could well find them too intimidating regardless of how well mannered they appeared to be when interviewed.

And given the suggested responses given in Blue Monster's thread here: (which were pretty much "tell anyone who complains about the noise from your car to eff off") I'm not surprised the residents wouldn't want to talk to these people.

This was a good quote: "I've heard they have complained but they haven't complained to me, if they complained to me I'd try to do something about it" So, you know what you do upsets people but you continue to do it anyway.

It's little to do with racism and everything to do with behaviour. Oil-rich Arabs (probably these lads' parents) have been visiting London for decades with no similar problems. I'm sure the residents wouldn't mind the Arab tourists one bit if they didn't bring their noisy cars with them.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:42 AM

It reminds of a few years back when I used to go to Chelsea Bridge on a Friday night. You used to get a few hundred bikers down there watching a few guys doing stunts up and down the road. As there were no houses or flats down there the police turned a blind eye to it knowing it was all in one area. Then a block of flats was built by the bridge and one Friday night as soon as people had moved in one guy came out ranting and raving about the noise.

Following week went down there to find no bikers, but about 30 coppers stopping everyone on a bike and telling them the Friday night shenanigans were over. The coppers then had a look over the bikes and quietly told us to change the loud cans and small number plates back to standard. No one really complained as we knew it had now become a nuisance to the residents but given that the cheapest flats were £1 mill plus someone must have been well connected to get it stopped so quickly. Money talks.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
What the Embassies should do is try to organise with the Councils and Police to make it into a Parade over a weekend. Let the Police monitor the cars from 7-11pm From Friday to Sunday and really draw in the spectators.

All the cars involved can then easily be vetted by the Police (Instead of towed for no reason), Arabs get a buzz, community gets a buzz, money is spent, it's all contained. It's a win win win win for everyone.
I'm with Ron on his above comment, a well organised free event would draw massive crowds, everyone involved would love it and very importantly would keep the residents happy whether they were toffs or not as someone else has posted earlier in this thread - not everyone in Kensington is a toff or rich.

I also agree with GarethB in the fact that the programme was badly put together, almost X-factor like, and I'm not suggesting for a minute that an elderly lady should attempt to approach these guys as that is probably not the best thing to do.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
What about the confrontational old bloke who happily demonstrated aggression against a small kid.

Odd that he was black?
I'd have done the same - the kids spacial awareness was shocking. Imagine him in a car a few years from now!
But then again, I'm a cantankerous old fecker myself. Although the colour of the kid wouldn't have mattered to me.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I've only seen the first 20 minutes then my laptop shut down

That kid with the umbrella needed a kick up his (black) arse - I couldn't believe he tried to walk through the gap

Use of parentheses to show that the word 'black' is not relevant - any more than the shouting was racially motivated

Apart from that, the style and speed of driving looked wholly inappropriate for the roads, irrespective of concerns about noise, etc

Will have to watch the rest later
Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 AM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

A programme designed to create discussion/argument? it has done here, pretty poor and I soon found it boring TBH, someone needs to set up a moneymaking trackday for these guys, unless of course they can only drive in straight lines for for a few seconds.
The young fella with the umbrella should never get a driving licence, he'd never get the car down a street with that spacial awareness.
A few speedhumps similar to ones built near me would sort them out no problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Then there will be more you tube clips of lambo's and speed humps lol
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM

Lambo's what?

Quick Reply: Millionaire Boy Racers