Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Millionaire Boy Racers

Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really couldn't believe how the drivers of the cars could be so out of touch with.....well, everything.

Firstly, thinking it's because they're Arabs. No, it's because you're driving down busy streets at stupid speeds.
Then the two who got pulled, "they're picking on us", tell you what, get a front number plate (ie stop breaking the law) and you won't get stopped.

But why thrash a Lambo / Ferrari / Bugatti around busy central London (and not even through tunnels, but around the same three or four streets) when you could get out of London and use the cars as they were meant to be used.

I sympathise with the residents too, a Ferrari engine sounds fantastic but repeatedly revved outside my flat at gone midnight (any time of day to be honest) and I won't be happy. Just because the residents are "posh" doesn't mean they're incredibly rich and should move out to avoid the antisocial behaviour that arrives for a few weeks every year.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to laugh at the copper, 'I love the atmosphere down here at night - so vibrant' when that toff was complaining about the cars and the arabs.

Agree that they shouldn't be driving like idiots down side streets as if some one stepped out between a car they would have no chance. If they are having their cars flown here why don't they pay to hire Silverstone for a day / week / month and thrash their cars around there - it's not as it they can't afford it.

The older lady in the basement flat made me laugh when she produced her A4 sheet of paper with all the times written down on it & her stating it had started at midday and she'd logged every single pass of her flat right through until after midnight. Why didn't she just go for a walk, visit a friend, go any where rather than stay in her flat getting wound up and logging all the times/passes? I know she shouldn't have to go out of her own home but I think I would rather have than sit there listening to it all if it were annoying me.

Oh yeah and I read a separate article on these visits today which claimed that the average spend per purchase was £600 - they quoted some thing similar to this on the programme last night - massive income for the local business's, hotels, etc - you only have to look at how much that hotel had geared up for the visits - no wonder the local authorities aren't doing any thing about it as there is too much money involved.

Loved the bloke who was overlooking one the streets from his balcony when he said he invites his friends around for dinner & then watches the cars blast by.

I might go down to London later this year to see some of this
Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM

I was thinking about going to do a bit of shoping and recording some of the cars at the same time, sounds like you can make a few quid on youtube
Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by blue monster
The older lady in the basement flat made me laugh... ...Why didn't she just go for a walk, visit a friend, go any where rather than stay in her flat getting wound up and logging all the times/passes? I know she shouldn't have to go out of her own home...

You've answered your own question there.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 655 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by GarethB
I really couldn't believe how the drivers of the cars could be so out of touch with.....well, everything.
So
Far
Wrong

The drivers were being a bit twattish. In your 20s you were an angel?

The residents were racist.

The terms

"gulfiies" and "reverse colonisation" were used.

Panda was a c@#t. Her daughter was a c@#t. The old girl in the studio was just an old girl wanting peace. London aint the place for that.

Shocking depiction of UK society
Old 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM

Busy toffs.

Im getting a spoon N1 and going down to Kensington to show them you dont need a hyper car to make noise!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Firstly, thinking it's because they're Arabs. No, it's because you're driving down busy streets at stupid speeds.
Then the two who got pulled, "they're picking on us", tell you what, get a front number plate (ie stop breaking the law) and you won't get stopped.

But why thrash a Lambo / Ferrari / Bugatti around busy central London (and not even through tunnels, but around the same three or four streets) when you could get out of London and use the cars as they were meant to be used.

I sympathise with the residents too, a Ferrari engine sounds fantastic but repeatedly revved outside my flat at gone midnight (any time of day to be honest) and I won't be happy. Just because the residents are "posh" doesn't mean they're incredibly rich and should move out to avoid the antisocial behaviour that arrives for a few weeks every year.
To answer your question 'why thrash central London' etc etc: because these young studs are on the pull, which they aren't allowed at home. Every second is precious and schlepping around (prob'ly inappropriate use of Jewish-English ) would use up precious nobbing time.

And +1 for the residents here. As a student and young man about the age of these young guys - though nothing like as privileged - I have lived in/known all sorts of pokey flats around South Ken, Chelsea, Notting Hill etc. London is riddled with poorish well-educated folk, often ex colonial civil service etc who can't afford the prices to move any more now that part of London is overrun with wealth. They are (were) part of the scenery and have lived there since the Boer War almost, good for a friendly pint down the local and a chat at the cafe, help with keeping the square clean, etc. They tolerated us students as we tolerated them, we invited them to our parties - they didn't always come! - and got along. For sure those lovely parts of London so close in will no longer be affordable to students, not even the meanest garret is under £thousands a month nowadays.

edit: and that cop 'I love the street scene' playing to the camera
They are really good at community relations stuff these days aren't they (not)
Old 01-05-2013, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nezquick' timestamp='1357319494' post='22245570
PC Plod made me laugh siezing the Aventador.

"The make.....erm, erm, hang on oh it's a Lamborg...hini, erm, erm, oh wait...Aven,ta,dor"

No sh*t sherlock!

"I'm going to seize your car. I am seizing your car. I have seized your car"

Definitely on a t-shirt
Indeed.

The fact he seized the car with all the correct paperwork and insurance proves what a farce it all is.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The best bit was at the committee meeting where the toffs were deciding to contact the Kuwait royalty to complain.

The documentary guy asked the bleedin obvious question "So has anyone actually spoken to any of the drivers directly?"

The gormless looks and silence that followed was hilarious!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blue monster' timestamp='1357337043' post='22246298
The older lady in the basement flat made me laugh... ...Why didn't she just go for a walk, visit a friend, go any where rather than stay in her flat getting wound up and logging all the times/passes? I know she shouldn't have to go out of her own home...

You've answered your own question there.
My mother would have done exactly the same thing, i.e. stay in house making lists, getting worked up over it until some one shook her and told her to get a life. They were all ranting about how great Kensington is, so why doesn't she get out & see some of it? 12 hours of sitting in a flat making notes/logging times is absolutely crazy.

As Lee has stated above, committee meetings - as Jim Royal would say - "My Arse!!", they may as well have been trying to nail jelly to a wall with the approach they were taking

The biggest p1ss take of the lot was when Panda was asked at the end would she move from Kensington and she said no, she would just put up with the noise 3 weeks a year!!

Quick Reply: Millionaire Boy Racers