Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Marshal killed at Oulton Park

Old 04-25-2006, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Apr 22 2006, 02:20 PM
I've seen a lot of marshalls standing in places they really should know better than to be. There are some who forget they're there to do a job and end up being a spectator/fan till they're required to do something.
I still maintain this is bollocks.

A lot. How many is a lot? One or two on the TV maybe?

If you speak from a less than experienced viewpoint, then get called on it you can either admit you were speaking from having seen a few episodes on TV or get on your own high horse about it and maintain your position. If you do the latter you'd better be damn sure of what you're saying.

He wasn't, and started whining.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Banned

I think it's you who needs to get over themself mate. I can't criticise a marshal because I'm not one myself - have you any idea how pathetic that sounds?

As I said above, I take it you never criticise a footballer for his performance at the weekend, despite not being a professional footballer. I'd put money on the fact you criticise the prime minister despite not being an MP. Does that make your opinion any less valid if it's based on your own observations? Of course it doesn't.

I later quoted a live televised incident as an example, although you seem to have conveniently side-stepped it.

I'm well aware of your connection with racing, but your comments are extremely disappointing and downright laughable.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

:handbagsmilie:
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM

All it takes is some tact and it's possible to get across all sorts of messages
Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by neil955,Apr 24 2006, 11:54 PM
The nice part is when the drivers acknowedge you after the race. pity more spectators dont.
That is nice to hear. At the end of each of my trackdays I beep my horn and wave a thanks to each marshal and have always done this to say my thanks. Most of the time I get a surprised look but I now understand that they are not used to it and hence the confused looks. I don't care if they did it for money or not but I do care that they stood outside all day to make sure I was safe.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Apr 25 2006, 04:28 PM
I think it's you who needs to get over themself mate. I can't criticise a marshal because I'm not one myself - have you any idea how pathetic that sounds?

As I said above, I take it you never criticise a footballer for his performance at the weekend, despite not being a professional footballer. I'd put money on the fact you criticise the prime minister despite not being an MP. Does that make your opinion any less valid if it's based on your own observations? Of course it doesn't.

I later quoted a live televised incident as an example, although you seem to have conveniently side-stepped it.

I'm well aware of your connection with racing, but your comments are extremely disappointing and downright laughable.
No, you can't criticise something you know little or nothing about and not expect to get called out on it.

So there's no point whining when you do.

Probably best to down a bottle of red and get your cock out - you're good at that.

Or threaten to top yourself, that was a laugh a minute..
Old 04-26-2006, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by MarkB,Apr 26 2006, 08:51 AM
No, you can't criticise something you know little or nothing about and not expect to get called out on it.

Probably best to down a bottle of red and get your cock out - you're good at that.

Oh dear
Old 04-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MarkB,Apr 26 2006, 09:51 AM

I was going to argue with you on point 1 on account of it being truly ludicrous (didn't realise there were criticism police on hand to make sure no one criticises something they aren't an expert in), but as you went on to make yourself out to be a pathetic, arrogant, and self-riteous c**t (all at once), I won't bother.

You've just said all you needed to in order to justify up the various PM's I've received stating how much of an utter c0ck ("unable to value anyone's opinion beyond his own") that you are.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C7BLE,Apr 26 2006, 01:25 AM

Oh dear
Old 04-26-2006, 01:57 AM

I think we've managed between us to drag this thread about as low as it can go.

Shall we agree to disagree on this one?

Quick Reply: Marshal killed at Oulton Park