Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Looking for Lotus advice

Old 07-14-2014, 11:08 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

One of the best things I found is the view.

Down the front you see those big arches.

Out the mirrors you see 'mini lambo' haunches.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:23 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Rear end view - what all others will mostly be seeing - is that Ferrari or Cortina Mk1 parts bin? Joking of course little green men here
Old 07-15-2014, 12:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I want to know is....When am I coming for a ride in it?

Not sure Maccy D's trip advisable though Colin, we'd end up covered in kids like some dodgy 1970's entertainers
Old 07-15-2014, 04:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No prob mate. I should get to the meet next week, a bit late but after work. Weather dependant. Will be in beater if raining.

It is an amazing experience in there. It seems to bring out some really admiring glances off some people. It's just fecking nuts. It's easy to say when you've had one for a few days but I would not flog this in a hurry. Last time I felt like this was with the s. I couldn't sleep for days before then felt excited days after. I still feel excited now. It's a really incredible vehicle.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:29 AM

Received 655 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
I drove mine in some pretty shitty conditions and they aren't that bad, but clearly not something you would choose as a mode of transport. A048s are an E marked road tyre and are ok in the wet as long as there isn't huge standing water. ALthough i've been through some big ones at over 80 and survived

Nottm, you've been pondering for about 4 years - pull your finger out! If you have a road car, then it allows a more extreme second car than an S2000
i've only had the M3 for 2 years

but it'll replace that. I will keep my S forever because

1. It's worth f all
2. It's by far the best car i have ever owned
3. Over 12 years we've grown nearly as close as Col and Uncle Jimmy
4. The S can piss the DD gig, it did that for me for years until sproggo arrived
5. The missus just bought another Golf so Sproggo is sorted
Old 07-15-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Always wanted an Exige and test drove one before I got my second S. Decided against it in the end as I wanted a "one car for everything job" which the S was for me. but as time goes on I can see myself looking at these again, just too cool and an itch I need to scratch at some point! well done.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by rhauri
Awesome Col - has the detailing kit been out yet?

I love ASBO colours, and I think on thoroughbred sports cars, brighter is better. However, chrome is too far (not a colour I know, but arguably the brightest finish you can get a car?)
Not been out yet mate! Spending too much time behind the wheel. Weirdly, I'm detailing my bosses m3 this weekend. So I'll get my monthly fix. In honesty, the paint on this exige is near perfect. I won't machine polish but just claybar and wax/seal.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by arsie
Rear end view - what all others will mostly be seeing - is that Ferrari or Cortina Mk1 parts bin? Joking of course little green men here

Yes it's all marina and cortina in there but wow, they know how to make a driver's motor. Took another mate out in it last night. It's just a track car with lights. Nothing more. Absolute hooligan machine.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by RichwiththeS2000
Awesome! Always wanted an Exige and test drove one before I got my second S. Decided against it in the end as I wanted a "one car for everything job" which the S was for me. but as time goes on I can see myself looking at these again, just too cool and an itch I need to scratch at some point! well done.
When you can get one, do so. But not if it's your only motor. Don't do it. Trust me. You'll not get on in that configuration. This is no where near as much a form of transport as an s is. Not a patch on it. This does one thing very very well. But it does everything else very very badly. Don't get it as an only form of getting about. It's just not right in that mode.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
Originally Posted by arsie' timestamp='1405408991' post='23244255

Yes it's all marina and cortina in there but wow, they know how to make a driver's motor. Took another mate out in it last night. It's just a track car with lights. Nothing more. Absolute hooligan machine.
Looks like the previous owner has been at the aftermarket rear lights bin - cool if so - those LED rear clusters are lovely, especially at night. Mind, that's about all anyone will ever see of it

It's about the only performance car that you can look cool in that doesn't make people angrily envious as far as i can see, i think it's because it's British and the size isn't vulgar.

Quick Reply: Looking for Lotus advice