Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got back from a 40miler

Old 11-03-2013, 09:12 AM

(that was before the drive, not after )
Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brilliant.

How many miles have you racked up now? Would you consider fitting a colour coded hard top to the car, I think that would make it look even more fantastic. That MY had the best wheel option and exhaust position, love it.

My old dear phoned me this morning to ask if I would go and get her some bread. The supermarket is a mile from my house, I took a twenty mile route to get to it. Both ways.

I did actually consider heading down to York this afternoon for work instead of in the morning and taking the Evora instead of the Saab. Then I jumped in the Saab to take the dog down the loch and it felt liked I'd jumped in a range rover it seemed so high up! Taking the stroll with the mutt let me come to the decision not to take the Lotus though but the Saab as usual, I want to keep every drive I have in it as the fun stuff, these cars deserve better than being subjected to mundane motorway journeys.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

...I think there's two different mind sets with sports cars. On one side you have people who put a lot more stock in prestige and image to go alongside the performance aspect, then you've got the nutty brigade (like us) who put more weight in to the whole driving experience and fun more than worrying about whether there's some clanky mechanical noise coming from various bits of the car every time you take a tight bend or hit the loud pedal enthusiastically...

^Woid^
Old 11-04-2013, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by ikobo
Brilliant.

How many miles have you racked up now? Would you consider fitting a colour coded hard top to the car, I think that would make it look even more fantastic. That MY had the best wheel option and exhaust position, love it.
I've only done about 500 miles it :S It's just on 25k.

That was my car when the original owner had it. He sold the HT pre my purchase, just never used it. I am tempted though but they are expensive at 700 quid. I think 700 could go on suspension.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
I would agree with the AD08's in the wet, especially once they are warm, staggering is the word and in the dry would likely give R888 a run for their money. Love the car, looks amazing and from you review sounds amazing too, congratulations.
Another for the AD08s. I have them on the Atom. I went for a drive last Friday - 189 miles around Wales and some of the rain was of biblical proportions. Didn't have any problems although I was taking it very gently.

By comparison with AO48s on I would have been through a hedge many times.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
I've only done about 500 miles it :S It's just on 25k.

That was my car when the original owner had it. He sold the HT pre my purchase, just never used it. I am tempted though but they are expensive at 700 quid. I think 700 could go on suspension.
See, I think that looks minted with the HT on, but I can't be arsed with open top driving now. The Elise just seems to be one of those cars that the owners just can't fight the need to tinker with, you'll be supercharging it next................

EDIT: And Nick, "woid"? I have no idea what that means so don't know if i'm quoted for something bad or good??
Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we have some pics of the interior please ikobo.

Have you gone for the 2+2 or the 2 seater?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:20 AM

I can at the weekend Gary, I work away in the week and it's tucked up in the garage back in Scotland. I have a 2+2, though I had no real preference. I did manage to take my mate and his son out for a run yesterday, so it was handy having the +2, he was loving it!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 PM

I did 20 in mine today. Cracking country lanes

Quick Reply: Looking for Lotus advice