Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Looking for Lotus advice

Old 10-26-2013, 07:38 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats!

Time someone bought another one; they're nowhere near as bad as they're dissed.

I think the Europa was pretty much in the same boat.

It's all "Cayman this" and "911 that" and no-one can see outside the box.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, to give it some perspective, in the last two years I've also owned a 911 Carrera 4s and for me personally the two cars are like night and day. I liked the Porsche, but never found it to be exciting, and I certainly didn't find myself laughing out loud while winging round bends and roundabouts at speeds that didn't even compute in my head. I think the Evora is the first car I'll have had since the S2000 period that makes me just find that one more excuse to take it out the garage every day. "What, we've got no milk left" followed by a B road trip to the furthest away shop that's still open..........
Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Indeed - the 911C4 is strangely dull to drive; sort of reminds me of my Legend, now I come to think of it!

The Ev IS far more like an S2000 (or Elise!) and its left-fieldedness gives it a sort of extra 'fuck convention' aspect. Something about the glue & GRP specialness...its sheer Lotusness.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! Pics.

Join SELOC and I'll point you to a fab thread for the evora that was posted this week. You need to join to see threads.

Great news. I took mine out with the Larini today. It is very raspy and rowdy. Fab motor.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:37 AM

That rear spoiler? Nsx anyone?
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM

I've finally found time to hoon around Sutherland on roads I know well after a year with my Evora - continues to impress - completely different level of handling to the S2000.

Feel good factor helped by attention car continues to attract, an also dealer offering to buy it back from me last week for the same money I paid for it 12 months ago.

Bumped into a random Elise owner earlier today who had been coming to the area for years, but with ordinary cars. Said that having found the best roads, he went looking for the most appropriate car ..........
Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 AM

Lotus seems to be a very astute purchase in most cases. Get particular models and you will not only lose little, but gain.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:34 AM

I'll add some pics when I pick it up next weekend Chesh, I think I already joined Seloc when you recommended it previously so I'll go see if I can remember my password.

I'm very, very happy with the deal I did for the car today. As much as it's the most I've ever spent on a car I think it will work out pretty decently for me in the long term. Certainly not expecting a sting like I have taken with a couple of the cars I've owned over the last few years. When I took the car for the test drive I was loving everything about it and was pretty much sold already, but after I pressed the sport button and the roar came from the car when I gave it some enthusiasm though, well I might as well have just handed the salesman my wallet there and then.

It's handy that you're a long term owner now Euan, I may have to throw a few questions your way once I take ownership. I take it you're using Murray in Edinburgh for any work?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:42 AM

I think its safe to say, over the average life, each time you trade, you'll likely be thinking its the most you ever spent. Thats life.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:43 AM

Its very true about the attention as well. Even an old bird like my elise will cause people to have a stealthy peep or kids just to point. And she's 8 now

Quick Reply: Looking for Lotus advice