Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Looking for Lotus advice

Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seams unlucky re the screen. I had mine plastered with VenturShield at a place in Golborne.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
You've gone Honda tho haven't you mike? I don't want to tear the power train out just improve what I havr

I have but it's interesting to see how good a linkage kit can be ! There's no excuse for the standard one

Also on windscreens I cracked mine last weekend. Proportionally the screen is so massive in terms of the frontal area I think it just goes with the territory
Old 08-29-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have realised its a foible of owning one of the most fun driver's cars the road holds (for this money). Brill car - haven't done the 'pop into the garage for a look' thing for YEARS. Doing it a lot. Can see an Exige in a few years; that's going to happen.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:31 PM

I have realised its a foible of owning one of the most fun driver's cars the road holds (for this money). Brill car - haven't done the 'pop into the garage for a look' thing for YEARS. Doing it a lot. Can see an Exige in a few years; that's going to happen.
I want an exige badly. I thought I'd have the elise as a taster and if I didn't like it I hadn't lost too much. Would have to be a v6 or a Honda conversion though

You been on eliseparts yet? That's a slippery slope...
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever had a screen swapped mikey?

Yep
Messy business and many fitter reuse seals
Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by RUSS H
Seams unlucky re the screen. I had mine plastered with VenturShield at a place in Golborne.
Those guys did my Aston great price and not bad service
Old 08-29-2013, 01:30 PM

I owned and loved an Elise for a year, but it was my only car and I couldn't live with it so I changed it for...an S2000. looking at my join date all that happened ten years ago now.

I'm very jealous of you getting an Elise as a second car - but I've just spent the princely sum of £900 quid on an MX5 and I am having so much fun in this little car. It might be slow, but it's a great drive, foot to the floor most of the time without achieving licence losing speeds. Heresy maybe, but I consider the MX5 much nearer to the Lotus in terms of its handling than the S2000. Don't get me wrong, I liked the S2000 enough to buy two of them!

Anyway, plan is to run the MX5 for a few years and then look at 111R Elises in a few years time...fingers crossed!

Enjoy your Lotus...
Old 08-29-2013, 01:58 PM

I can't believe how good a drive can be. They shake your bones, have fack all in them but it seems so cool. Can't explain it. Because there is bugger all in there it seems like you are really on the road. I want less stuff in there than I have and thats not much. Aircon seems pointless and extra weight. Its always off on mine.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MRmike
Originally Posted by cheshire_carper' timestamp='1377806369' post='22752260
I want an exige badly. I thought I'd have the elise as a taster and if I didn't like it I hadn't lost too much. Would have to be a v6 or a Honda conversion though

You been on eliseparts yet? That's a slippery slope...
Oh yes. I'm ordering the bush upgrade for the gear linkage and the short shift tomorrow
Old 08-29-2013, 11:01 PM
LTB

I can't believe how good a drive can be. They shake your bones, have fack all in them but it seems so cool. Can't explain it. Because there is bugger all in there it seems like you are really on the road. I want less stuff in there than I have and thats not much. Aircon seems pointless and extra weight. Its always off on mine.
Wait for the first time a young kid stops dead in his tracks and points at it with his mouth wide open.

You lot have dirty minds.

Quick Reply: Looking for Lotus advice