Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Lewis Hamilton

Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypersonik,Jun 27 2008, 07:45 PM

Like gtman says, Webber is a bloody good driver.
You've just gone up in estimations

Mark drives very well, pulls off text book moves
Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Subaru2000,Jun 27 2008, 11:49 PM
You've just gone up in estimations

Mark drives very well, pulls off text book moves
He may well be but a F1 winning championship driver he isnt!!! not that i'm slagging him off, he just hasn't got that little bit more like the true champions have, 1or 2 tenths and that uncanny ability and luck to squeeze a win!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:20 AM

Hamilton is taking part in the Round the Island race today on the Hugo Boss boat.

I hear they just crashed!

edit to add link
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/News/HAMILTON_BOAT_I...RACE_CRASH.aspx
Old 06-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RISLAR,Jun 27 2008, 11:02 PM
He may well be but a F1 winning championship driver he isnt!!!
Don't think anyone claimed he was

I'd like to see him in the Mac'er though.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hamilton is obviously talented. He wouldn't be driving the car if he weren't and he wouldn't be dominating Heikki Kovalainen. The person you always have to beat is your team mate.

A great driver?
It can be easy to be a great driver when you're in a great car.

The thing that has impressed me though is his performance when he's having a bad race. He's still pushing and trying to get back into contention. Look at the number of drivers who just end up sat back in the pack and not moving back up through the feld.

The problem he's got is he's currently making too many mistakes and puting himself in that position where he has to come back through the field. That should come with experience.

One parallel you could draw is with Mika Hakkinen.
Obviously a talented driver and very very quick. However he was borderline psychotic behind the wheel when he first started driving for Mclaren. Way too aggressive he was forever knocking himself/others out of races and compramising his points. It all came to a head when he went into the wall in Adelaide in '95 (tyre went I seem to remember). He came back a far better driver. The speed was still there but the aggresiveness had been tempered and he started to get wins under his belt from then on.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by bigfecker,Jun 28 2008, 08:20 AM
Hamilton is taking part in the Round the Island race today on the Hugo Boss boat.

I hear they just crashed!
that would be trying to cut out the corner or didn't see the red light!!

Doesn't matter how good or bad he is, or what media coverage he whinges about (didn't everyone slag off 'Our Nige' for whinging too much?) one thing is for certain:

ITV will be talking about absolutely nothing else this weekend and my telly could get a serious kicking because of it.

Anyone notice the "and Jenson Button's down in 19th place" comment from Jane Allen, just as the rest of the world had seen the said JB walking into his pit and Jane's fellow commentator had just remarked on that fact? Cock!

Thanks Christ the Beeb are getting the coverage back - any news on who is going to be on their commentary team? If it includes Jane, I'll refuse to pay my TV licence
Old 07-04-2008, 06:29 AM

Well who else would you expect to deliver the latest round of Lewis bashing?

Party-pooper dad says no to Hamilton charity challenge
REUTERS - Formula One title contender Lewis Hamilton was overruled by his father on Thursday after agreeing to test his fitness against rival driver Jenson Button in a charity triathlon.

In what may go down as another public relations own-goal for the 23-year-old McLaren driver, Hamilton senior turned party-pooper after his son had declared himself up for the challenge during a high-spirited British Grand Prix news conference.

"Lewis accepted the challenge like the good sport he is and in the spirit with which he accepts things," Anthony Hamilton said in a statement. "But unfortunately for Lewis we are withdrawing him from this. "We are in the middle of a championship and that is the focus of our attention."

Button had earlier challenged Hamilton to join him in a triathlon on July 27 after the McLaren driver claimed this week that he was the fitter of the two and was willing to prove it. "What if I say 10,000 pounds ($19,860) to the charity of your choice if you beat me?," the Honda driver said after some good-natured banter between the two. "Are you trying to steer me off this championship or what?," Hamilton countered.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 253 Likes on 218 Posts

Should engage brain before mouth should Hamilton junior methinks.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 PM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

What should he have said or done do you think?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 AM

Theres no winning is there.

"Hamilton bows out of triathalon"

"Hamilton refused to run charity triathalon"

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton