Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Lewis Hamilton

Old 06-23-2008, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your post doesn't give the option of MASSIVE TW%T. I would have opted for that option.

I don't care about him living in Switzerland - I would do the same, I don't care that he's black.

What I do care about he is the most unjustifiably arrogant piece of work I've ever seen on TV.

Last year he performed well in a car he had been groomed for, using the technical expertise of Alonso. In the closing races of last year his set up's looked woefully inadequate.

If his current attitude is indicative of how he must have been behind the scenes last year, I'm not surprised Alonso got so tissed off with him.

He hasn't performed this year Raikonnen has had faster laps 80% of the time. I like his driving style but i don't think it's a championship winning style- he looks SO hard on tyres compared to the other drivers out there.

So I don't think he's a fantastic driver. He's got a potential talent nothing more.

Then there's the media aspect which I can't even be bothered to talk about. But this clip say it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtlZn...eature=related

Summary - I think if he shut his yap, and wasn't the blatent media whore he is I don't think I would be particularly bothered by Hamilton. Now he is in a no win situation. I think it was actually a pretty smart move not talking to the press after the weekend. Now the Media has it in for him he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I can't say I feel particularly sorry for him.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dembo,Jun 23 2008, 11:40 AM

The most successful drivers do have that arrogant obnoxious nature that Hamilton has: Schumacher, Senna, Alonso - all exactly the same. It's somewhat ironic, and somewhat suspiscious that certain people on here should hold Hamilton up to a higher standard than everybody else. Finish second, oh he must be crap, it must all be a pro/anti Mclaren/Ferrari conspiracy (delete as the facts dictate), it can't possibly be because that was the best he could do. Finish first, and yes it must be all down to the car, not his ability. Nearly win the championship with identical machinery as two times champion Alonso, well clearly that's not on merit either, it's Ron Dennis' favouritism that's the reason.

Give it a rest. The guy is pretty damn good considering last year was his first year. You have to say that Alonso, Raikonnen, Kubica, Massa and Hamilton are all on a par in terms of talent. Yes ITV do tend to favour the one British driver, and yes it does get a bit tedious, but that's not his fault.

He's still pretty young. It's not that unlikely he could dominate the next 10 years in the way Micheal Schumacher did.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut,Jun 23 2008, 09:04 PM
I think Dembo's point though is the best drivers often are the most arrogant, schu, alonso (not so sure about him), senna, prost, had self belief to the point of arrogance - they learnt with maturity to suppress it, but only for public convenience, it was pretty obvious on track they were as arrogant as ever in reality though.

Hill, Kimi, and Hak were/are nice guys and perhaps the exception to the rule, and to be honest none of them compare to the drivers mentioned above.
What about that nice English (sic) gentleman Jackie Stewart? Triple world champion and he doesn't think he could out-rap Tupac.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=Bada Bing!,Jun 23 2008, 10:05 PM] What about that nice English (sic) gentleman Jackie Stewart?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut,Jun 23 2008, 09:08 PM
@ Jackie Stewart the English gentleman.

you think JS is in the same league as Senna Prost and Schumacher? I don't .
..what at Rap battles?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=s2k_Nut,Jun 23 2008, 10:08 PM] you think JS is in the same league as Senna Prost and Schumacher?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:23 PM

No bias there though hey Gaz ?

On a serious note, it was a different era, and all the drivers at the time were 'Gentlemen' weren't they? They cared about each other, like a racing mens club. I am not doubting his abilities, but I find it difficult to compare him to the modern 'greats' ...

I should point out that Schumacher used to rub me up the wrong way as Hamilton does you, but I could never doubt Schumacher's driving ability.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=s2k_Nut,Jun 23 2008, 10:23 PM] No bias there though hey Gaz ?

On a serious note, it was a different time, and all the drivers at the time were 'Gentlemen' weren't they?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Jun 23 2008, 10:29 PM
Yep, us white Jock supremacists stick together.

That's probably because you haven't spent enough time finding out what he achieved and how he did it (and I mean that in the nicest possible way). His book is very good, and there's a cracking film I bought years ago created by one of his sons which chronicles his career too. He is every bit as good as Senna or Prost, IMO.
Interesting, you are correct I don't know a lot about him, but I did watch the Hill documentary and some of that was about Jackie, and as I said I don't doubt his ability, I just find it hard to compare him with drivers from my generation.

Murray walker used to crack on about Fangio, but I had no idea or basis on which to compare him so just had to take his word for it Murray reckoned he was the best driver of them all, how can you argue with that but I still felt that Senna Prost and Schumacher were the best drivers, in that order by the way.

I do like the way JS stands up for F1 and doesn't hide from Mosley and his cronies, I wish a few more people had the balls to do that.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned

I wish I had jackie's sideburns.

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton