Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Lewis Hamilton

Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I suspect a few people may be jealous of his earning and lifestyle

A few people may not like him because he is black(ish)

Most, myself included, judge him purely on his public utterances and behaviour

The trgaedy is, it would be so simple to rectify the problems he is currently experiencing
Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Jun 23 2008, 06:26 PM
I like Button much more. He's a normal guy for the most part, and so is his dad. Hamilton is a mechanised ****wit, and his father is an attention seeking whore with a face i could punch until it looked like a f**king hamburger.
They have one similarity.

Button's Dad also damaged a supercar. An NSX in his case.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by apkent,Jun 23 2008, 08:04 AM
You all seem to forget, with all the focussing on Mclaren tactics, he's still a young guy - given all the (IMO) unfair media coverage I'd probably want to speak out too. Whether he should have done is another matter, but he was right when he said people want to build you up then smash you down.........................appears that all the 'great' British public want is a failure.
Haven't you seen Bill Bailey? We're British and as such we crave disappointment, that's why we use public transport and support Jenson Button hehe.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

we supported Daley Thompson

in another era

just as black as Lewis

bigger ego

results to back it up...........
Old 06-23-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Jun 23 2008, 07:26 PM
I like Button much more. He's a normal guy for the most part, and so is his dad. Hamilton is a mechanised ****wit, and his father is an attention seeking whore with a face i could punch until it looked like a f**king hamburger.
Button has the everyday bloke quality, which most don't. But then maybe that's why he'll never be that succcesful. I remember my Dad (who isn't an F1 fan) saying he thought Damon Hill would never be champion because he doesn't have winner in his nature, he was too nice.

The most successful drivers do have that arrogant obnoxious nature that Hamilton has: Schumacher, Senna, Alonso - all exactly the same. It's somewhat ironic, and somewhat suspiscious that certain people on here should hold Hamilton up to a higher standard than everybody else. Finish second, oh he must be crap, it must all be a pro/anti Mclaren/Ferrari conspiracy (delete as the facts dictate), it can't possibly be because that was the best he could do. Finish first, and yes it must be all down to the car, not his ability. Nearly win the championship with identical machinery as two times champion Alonso, well clearly that's not on merit either, it's Ron Dennis' favouritism that's the reason.

Give it a rest. The guy is pretty damn good considering last year was his first year. You have to say that Alonso, Raikonnen, Kubica, Massa and Hamilton are all on a par in terms of talent. Yes ITV do tend to favour the one British driver, and yes it does get a bit tedious, but that's not his fault.

He's still pretty young. It's not that unlikely he could dominate the next 10 years in the way Micheal Schumacher did.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dembo,Jun 23 2008, 08:40 PM
Button has the everyday bloke quality, which most don't. But then maybe that's why he'll never be that succcesful. I remember my Dad (who isn't an F1 fan) saying he thought Damon Hill would never be champion because he doesn't have winner in his nature, he was too nice.

The most successful drivers do have that arrogant obnoxious nature that Hamilton has: Schumacher, Senna, Alonso - all exactly the same. It's somewhat ironic, and somewhat suspiscious that certain people on here should hold Hamilton up to a higher standard than everybody else. Finish second, oh he must be crap, it must all be a pro/anti Mclaren/Ferrari conspiracy (delete as the facts dictate), it can't possibly be because that was the best he could do. Finish first, and yes it must be all down to the car, not his ability. Nearly win the championship with identical machinery as two times champion Alonso, well clearly that's not on merit either, it's Ron Dennis' favouritism that's the reason.

Give it a rest. The guy is pretty damn good considering last year was his first year. You have to say that Alonso, Raikonnen, Kubica, Massa and Hamilton are all on a par in terms of talent. Yes ITV do tend to favour the one British driver, and yes it does get a bit tedious, but that's not his fault.

He's still pretty young. It's not that unlikely he could dominate the next 10 years in the way Micheal Schumacher did.
Well said
Old 06-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dembo,Jun 23 2008, 07:40 PM
It's not that unlikely he could dominate the next 10 years in the way Micheal Schumacher did.
not a chance

he would need to win 7 out of 10 to do that

WILL NOT HAPPEN

will diarise this thread to come back and gloat

Old 06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dembo,Jun 23 2008, 08:40 PM
The most successful drivers do have that arrogant obnoxious nature that Hamilton has: Schumacher, Senna, Alonso - all exactly the same.
Raikkonen, Hill, and Hakkinen are 3 just as recent champs who aren't complete c0cks. Self belief is one thing. Being an arrogant fockwit is quite another.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jun 23 2008, 07:56 PM
not a chance

he would need to win 7 out of 10 to do that

WILL NOT HAPPEN

will diarise this thread to come back and gloat

Let's run a book!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:04 PM

I think Dembo's point though is the best drivers often are the most arrogant, schu, alonso (not so sure about him), senna, prost, had self belief to the point of arrogance - they learnt with maturity to suppress it, but only for public convenience, it was pretty obvious on track they were as arrogant as ever in reality though.

Hill, Kimi, and Hak were/are nice guys and perhaps the exception to the rule, and to be honest none of them compare to the drivers mentioned above.

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton