Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Lewis Hamilton

Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lewis Hamilton

Seeing as we seem to get in a discussion about the Wonderkid in every GP thread, I thought I'd dedicate an entire topic to him.

Me?

Well, I think he's a very talented young driver.

I just don't really like the guy much.

He did a great job at McLaren last season when no one expected him to even get close to his illustrious team mate. He made a few errors(which , I believe, cost him the championship) but, all-in-all, what a great start.

It can't be easy you know. Ask Piquet Jnr

He's great to watch in the car in a way which is amazingly different to, for example, Button. I like watching them both and admire Button for his seamless, flowing style and Hamilton for his crazy balls-out 'will it stick?' attitude. Very exciting, though I'm sure his boss doesn't find it quite so...

What annoys me is his unwillingness to admit to errors and/or or bad judgement calls. He does himself no favours by insinuating in almost every interview that 'they'(the press, the public, the FIA, Ferrari.....) are out to get him.

He manages to come across as self-obsessed and arrogant. He shows little respect for the people around him. But, admittedly, he seems to admire Kubica. Quite how this respect will last if Kubica is challenging him for the title next year should be interesting to see.

I admit that a lot the hype last year was probably not all his(and daddys) doing as a lot of the public seemed to get a bit carried away. Strange though how Hill, DC and Button seem to be thrust into the limelight and manage to remain magnanimous even when the inevitability of negative press comes into play. Hamilton seems to be making enemies in the press which should be interesting for a young, millionaire playboy

He reeks of the spoilt little McLaren fanboy he really is.

I blame the dad, who obviously suffers from Competitive Dad syndronme

I do feel sorry for the brother though. Sloppy seconds anyone?

So, that's what I think. Good driver but a bit of a fanny. I just wish he had some personality and would stop believing all the crap people are blowing up his arse.

And for a guy who has been as 'groomed' as he has, he still says some bollocks in his interviews, straight from The Big Book Of Self Belief.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Button did something similar not long after he got into F1 and was partnered at Renault with Alonso.

Except Button went the playboy route and his performance dropped off.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:04 AM

You all seem to forget, with all the focussing on Mclaren tactics, he's still a young guy - given all the (IMO) unfair media coverage I'd probably want to speak out too. Whether he should have done is another matter, but he was right when he said people want to build you up then smash you down.........................appears that all the 'great' British public want is a failure.

If you've ever met a racing driver you'll know they're all arrogant and unwilling to back down however wrong they may be. Take Jason Plato as a prime example, more often than not arrogant as ****, but a great driver.

Personally I want to know why we can't all just get up behind Lewis and give him the encouragement to win the season - lets just be proud that he's British and might actually win us something.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 AM

Was it not Trulli who partnered him at Renault?

IIRC Alonso replaced him.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 AM

Burn him, burn him like the witch he is.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Horza,Jun 23 2008, 07:49 AM

I just don't really like the guy much.

He reeks of the spoilt little McLaren fanboy he really is.
Is it because he's getting paid
Old 06-23-2008, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Banned

I like Button much more. He's a normal guy for the most part, and so is his dad. Hamilton is a mechanised ****wit, and his father is an attention seeking whore with a face i could punch until it looked like a f**king hamburger.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:27 AM

I don't mind how much he earns.

You can be poor and a spoilt brat. You can be rich and a spoilt brat
Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=Bada Bing!,Jun 23 2008, 10:26 AM]I like Button much more.

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton