Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

kwik fit fitter gets 6 1/2 years.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m1bjr
Originally Posted by Penelope Ptistop' timestamp='1332371191' post='21531442
I always leave a note on the dash with the current mileage on it, or ask them to call me if they need to move it, as it has a tracker fitted...in an attempt to stop idiots like this.

RIP the poor child.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
...Something doesn't add up though and whilst they should most certainly have not been in the car, it looks like the little lad didn't look what was coming before bolting out into the road. You can tell this by the fact that the nearside corner of the car is the point of impact.

Eyewitness reports will always say a sportscar was speeding even if it was parked and there was no one in it.
Unfortunately the media and authorities will always look to blame the car driver when there is a collision with a pedestrian, especially if it's a child. It seems like children can do no wrong any more

Got to feel for the parents. It must destroy you to be told your child has been killed
Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 PM

does it matter.

they stole a car and killed somebody.end of story.

or are you saying it was the childs fault for jumping in front of a speeding stolen car ?

the only reason it was picked up by the press that it was a porsche, was because even a retarded tyre monkey wouldnt twoc a fiesta.

but if it had been a fiesta it would have been reported the same just less emphasis on the car.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Heinz '57
Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1332376609' post='21531745
I guarantee you if he'd have done the same thing in a Kia Sedona, he'd have only got a couple of years.

Something doesn't add up though and whilst they should most certainly have not been in the car, it looks like the little lad didn't look what was coming before bolting out into the road. You can tell this by the fact that the nearside corner of the car is the point of impact.

Eyewitness reports will always say a sportscar was speeding even if it was parked and there was no one in it.
I am in awe of your powers of forensic deduction with just a photo to go on. Of course the young boy was to blame for not looking first, serves him right.
It goes without saying that the eyewitnesses exaggerated the cars speed,why would they steal a Porsche to drive fast?

You really need to think before you post such rubbish.
They shouldn't have been in the car. I am confident the little lad didn't look before he stepped out, not only because of the accident damage, but because they teach you to be wary of little kids running into roads so it is actually quite a common thing.

Eyewitnesses will hear a car going fast. I shouldn't have to tell you that eyewitnesses hardly ever use their eyes and see what they want to see. What they saw was a Porsche making noise. I know, you know, most on this board know that if something is making noise, it's speeding. I once had a woman on my estate tell me that she heard me speeding when I was the only one on that estate who didn't speed, just that everyone else drove an X5, mini or 3 series that didn't make much noise.

Now, these guys were obviously not supposed to have been in the car and that is something that is actually irrelevant in the case of Death by Dangerous driving. What that is is theft of a motor vehicle.

So when we actually look at the incident, the factors we are after are:

Was he speeding at the time of impact?
Did he mount the kerb?
Was he sliding/not in control of the car at the time of impact?

The nearside wheel looks in good nick, so it's unlikely he mounted the kerb.

The roads would have given away if he was sliding.

So the only thing we know of if he was speeding was the damage to the car (the report/article on BBC says at speeds upto 80mph. Great, how do we actually know unless there was data logging on the car or it was caught by a speed camera. Most probably, eyewitnesses would have been asked how fast the car was going and then given the following answer - Actual speed + noise + type of car factor = 80mph. He was probably doing 60-65 if the speed was based on eyewitness accounts.

Oh, one more thing about eyewitnesses! Mate of mine was on his new Motorbike. He now openly admits he was being a bit silly and had an accident with a car. An eyewitness in another car stops, runs over to him and checks he is alright (he is on the whole). Then says to him 'I didn't see what happened, but i'm a biker, so what happened. They got their story straight and my mate got a tasty payout

So yes, if you believe the sensationalism, it is going to look like I am talking rubbish.

Or, you have experience in these matters and see right through it to a point of unbiased objectivity.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Heinz '57
Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1332376609' post='21531745
I guarantee you if he'd have done the same thing in a Kia Sedona, he'd have only got a couple of years.

Something doesn't add up though and whilst they should most certainly have not been in the car, it looks like the little lad didn't look what was coming before bolting out into the road. You can tell this by the fact that the nearside corner of the car is the point of impact.

I am in awe of your powers of forensic deduction with just a photo to go on. Of course the young boy was to blame for not looking first, serves him right.
It goes without saying that the eyewitnesses exaggerated the cars speed,why would they steal a Porsche to drive fast?

You really need to think before you post such rubbish.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM

a collection of words that are not worth reading.
jeez you talk some bollocks sometimes.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by soulcrew
Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1332455924' post='21534905
And only last night you said that an F20C had pushrods?!?!

Of course what I put isn't worth reading, it doesn't have a V8 in it and requires thought
Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by soulcrew' timestamp='1332457192' post='21534964
[quote name='Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1332455924' post='21534905']
Of course what I put isn't worth reading, it doesn't have a V8 in it and requires thought
[/quote]

Old 03-22-2012, 11:11 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Porsche ECU data logs everything. The simple fact is that they shouldn't have been driving it, were probably speeding (can be verified by data log) and have killed a child. I don't see there's much to debate.

I mean, come on, 2 young lads out in a Porker and managaing to wreck it? Must have been the kids fault.

I would be interested to know the legality of using ECU data. It would clearly show speed upto the last time the engine was switched off.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Quite frankly he could have been doing 25mph in a 40. If that had been my Porsche that had been twoc'd, crashed and killed a child, I'd want the guy stitching up as far as possible.

In this instance, I'm all for eye witnesses saying he was doing 3 figures and the child was dressed as a fully illuminated Christmas tree.

Quick Reply: kwik fit fitter gets 6 1/2 years.