Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Just got left for dead by a focus ST!

Old 05-02-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got left for dead by a focus ST!

:

Alright gents title says it all really,
Was driving round this evening in my s
and this st came very close to my arse
so guessed he wanted a little play.

So went down the slip road onto the bypass and put my foot down
at first i gained a little on it, then stayed about the same for a few seconds
then as got to about 60-70 he just came right up my arse again then flew straight passed me.
Now i know the standard 225ST are quite a bit slower to 60.
And i know stage one remap on them takes them to 270. stage 2 290 & stage 3 300+
Pretty sure it wasn't stage one because think they'd be neck and neck with the weight differences.
But yeah pretty shocked at how quickly it left me.
Any ideas on what you reckon it would be running?
I had my roof down, not sure if that would have affected my s's acceleration or not,
My s is also standard apart from a skunk2.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to say it mate, but the S2000 isn't a quick car anymore compared to most things on the road. I'm pretty sure a remapped diesel Audi would smash an S2000 nowadays. The ST's are quick, they also benefit from having a lot of torque, a mate of mine had an ST which he had tuned to just over 300 bhp and well over 400 NM of torque, they are very quick cars even with stage one mods. Hence why I will be going forced induction at the end of next year.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What Mk ST are we talking here?

Colleague of mines husband has a Focus ST mk2.5, its asbo orange and a right chavmobile, pops and burbles everywhere.

I have given him a little play round the backroads and small dual carridgeways locally and I have to say he has never overtaken me yet! I wouldnt say that I am leaving him for dust but its a slow but stead pulling away.

As soon as he has the thing remapped Sasha (my S) wont stand a chance, but until then.....
Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikefifth

Colleague of mines husband has a Focus ST mk2.5, its asbo orange and a right chavmobile, pops and burbles everywhere.

I have given him a little play round the backroads and small dual carridgeways locally and I have to say he has never overtaken me yet! I wouldnt say that I am leaving him for dust but its a slow but stead pulling away.

As soon as he has the thing remapped Sasha (my S) wont stand a chance, but until then.....
Curt mentions 225ST so I think we are dealing with MK2/MK2.5?
Old 05-02-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a run in with my stock rs4 which was doing 400bhp and the ST I came up against was on par speed wise. The tuned ones are seriously quick. A stock s2000 shouldn't bother.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by AlexGJ248
Hate to say it mate, but the S2000 isn't a quick car anymore compared to most things on the road. I'm pretty sure a remapped diesel Audi would smash an S2000 nowadays. The ST's are quick, they also benefit from having a lot of torque, a mate of mine had an ST which he had tuned to just over 300 bhp and well over 400 NM of torque, they are very quick cars even with stage one mods. Hence why I will be going forced induction at the end of next year.
Shit didnt realise they had that much torque no wonder!.
Still, was very shocked at how quickly it flew past me!
Yeah will have to be the same for me eventually i think!

Originally Posted by mikefifth

Was 08 plate mate, also orange. Did sound very nice as it went past!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
I had a run in with my stock rs4 which was doing 400bhp and the ST I came up against was on par speed wise. The tuned ones are seriously quick. A stock s2000 shouldn't bother.
I've had a play with an RS4 and he couldn't leave me, the look of horror on his face when I pulled up along side him

There are some very quick Focus ST's & RS's out there.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:37 PM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

And therein lies the moral of the story

You have no idea how much they have f@#ked with it

I'm making my S handle better rather than go better, it has an advantage over an RS4 or an ST there in that its f@#k loads lighter

Braces, new coilovers, lower, stickier tyres

Straight lines? Get a bike. I destroyed a GT2 years ago on a £6k bike
Old 05-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Yea s2k's are lower mid pack when it comes to straight light performance. A lot of cars will push our sh*t in.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I must admit that orange st made an impression on me. I remember the whole experience pretty vividly and I expect someone out there is pretty concious of blue monster's s!

I was giving it some and he was latched onto me. He had youthful exuberance on his side and took me after a roundabout. It was a very quick car.

Quick Reply: Just got left for dead by a focus ST!