Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Jackie Stewart to sue Max Mosley?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quite a few people have spoken out, suggesting that Mosley's "certified idiot" comment related to the fact that JYS has dyslexia. Apparently it's not the first time, but this time he said it in front of a load of journalists who smelled a few days worth of motorsport website headlines.

In terms of what he contributes, I have to say the vast majority of what the guy says is spot on. He's been a major advocate of driver safety, following the horrific deaths he managed to dodge during his tnure as a driver. He pulls in a lot of sponsors, and has more recently been campaining for things like driver coaches which again makes a lot of sense.

His accent does grate however, he's spent so much time out of Scotland that he's just made up his own and it's horrible.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 AM

People deride Stewart for, among other things his obsequious relationship with the royal family, particularly Princess Anne. As has already been pointed out motorsport would not be as safe as it is without his input.

We have much to learn from him. After the death Of Jimmy Clark aged 32, Stewart mused on what Clark would have advised him. It was, "Get out there, do what yo do best and KEEP IT SMOOTH."
Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 254 Likes on 219 Posts

Ok, Sir Jackie's dress sense may be dodgy but that's his personal choice, maybe Mosley is just upset because he's slightly more popular. I've met JYS on a couple of occassions and found him quite pleasant with the paying public who Mosley wouldn't probably acknowledge exsisted. Oh and his plummy accent is no better than the scottish drawl.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Oct 10 2007, 06:56 PM

As I said, talent and achievement (however great) do not grant immunity from criticism.

And of course you can't sue for libel/slander if all that was written or said amounts to mere abuse as a right minded person will recognise mere abuse for what it is.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I thank my learned friend.......
Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Mosely's a cock.

Sue me.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Oct 11 2007, 11:21 AM
Mosely's a cock.

Sue me.
Which seems to be a pretty widely held view

So what makes Jackie flameproof

In that he 'can't' be criticised?

That fact that he is a (whinging) Jock

That he wears silly hats

That he won three world titles

Or the fact that he contributed to motor racing safety?

None of them make him Nelson fecking Mandela do they?

Who was a terrorist btw
Old 10-11-2007, 04:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Jackie isn't flameproof. I'm sure its just a case of mutual dislike.

Mosely slags off Stewart, Stewart rattles sabre to basically tell Mosely to shut the eff up.

In this modern world of desperation to fill the 24 news channels and dedicated F1 sports sites, the media make a mountain out of a molehill and it gets way more attention that it ever deserves.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by lower,Oct 11 2007, 12:36 PM
In this modern world of desperation to fill the 24 news channels and dedicated F1 sports sites, the media make a mountain out of a molehill and it gets way more attention that it ever deserves.
That's probably the truth of it, just like the Hamilton "points-docking-inquiry" before the China GP!

Of course JS isn't immune to criticism, and we don't know exactly what MM said, but in his position, he should perhaps be a bit diplomatic and politic in his comments, which can only lend credence to the view that he is a "snob", and doesn't like people he views as "common", such as Ron Dennis and JS.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexC,Oct 11 2007, 12:54 PM
which can only lend credence to the view that he is a "snob", and doesn't like people he views as "common"
Hardly surprising given his parentage!

Quick Reply: Jackie Stewart to sue Max Mosley?