Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Jackie Stewart to sue Max Mosley?

Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackie Stewart to sue Max Mosley?

F1 just keeps providing amusing stories

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41019

seems Mosley doesn't really like anyone else in F1, but you've got to be pretty stupid to make the comments he made, even if you do agree with some of them
Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

like I said

bleating Jocks

Moseley was pretty much spot on imo

winning world titles doesn't mean you are immune from being seen as a figure of fun

any more than winning one world title gave Mansell immunity from a commonly held view that he is a boring brummie

sueing for defamation?

he would spend his money more wisely on getting a life
Old 10-10-2007, 06:24 AM
GSi

I don't think anything will come of it. But Mosley does come across as a twat - esp if you read the transcripts of the Stepneygate saga.

Also saw that Prodrive might not make it in either at the mo - mainly due to the customer cars / Concorde agreement
Old 10-10-2007, 07:04 AM

They both really get on my tits.

Don't get me wrong, I have muchos respect for Jackie Stewart but he can be a major pain in the arse when he gets on his box. He seems to think he's some high and mighty all-seeing F1 steward who knows all there is to know.

As for Mosley, he just annoys me. Smarmy bastard.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

It's got nothing to do with him being Scottish, and everything to do with some smarmy cock with an inflated opinion of himself objecting to the fact that a wee Jock with no qualifications and dyslexia has achieved massively more success and wealth than he has.

The fact that Moseley is a cock who thinks he's better than everyone else has nothing to do with him being English either.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

I guess it all depends on whether Mosley is speaking the truth

If Stewart is 'a figure of fun'

Then Mosley is quite entitled to say so

There can't be any argument about the dress sense surely?

I think Stewart is an objectionable and not particularly intelligent little prick

That's not incompatible with recognising the scale of his achievement in winning three world titles
Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

As a triple world champion, he's a far more worthy commentator on the state of F1 than failed team boss come fascist Mosley. Which is what Mosley objects so much to.

I don't think he wears that stupid hat to make people laugh, but I do think he wears it to wind people like mosley up. And it obviously works.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Ohhh - this is a good un.

Jackie Stewart - yes odd headgear but I think he's allowed a little eccentricity.

Figure of fun - never - there is no way he commands anything less than respect from other drivers. The reduction in the death toll in morotsport is due in no small part to JYS efforts over the years.

Half-wit - yeah Ford defo paid him a big retainer for years after he retired because his views were useless to them. He's still a very gifted driver.

He is right his opinion is shared by many. I have waded through the transcript of the hearing and FWIW I too think McLaren were shafted. Yes there was some blame there needed to be some sanction but what the FIA did was a bit extreme.

It seems Max is getting himself into the same sort of position old JMB did all those years ago.

The sport is highly commercial Max should remember it's ultimatly those who pay for the show that will call the tune. I'm not saying there should not be rules and those rules should be followed but the FIA need to demonstrate that they have a real world understanding on the sport. Do they really think that if an engineer changes teams he does not get fully de-briefed by his new team?
It's hard to say that what one team knows is IP because it's too hard to prove that another team did not come to the same conclusion by independant research.

The FIA need a much lighter and more inclusive touch then they are currently showing. Before we know it we'll be back to a FISA v FOCA type war.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Oct 10 2007, 06:38 PM
As a triple world champion, he's a far more worthy commentator on the state of F1 than failed team boss come fascist Mosley. Which is what Mosley objects so much to.

I don't think he wears that stupid hat to make people laugh, but I do think he wears it to wind people like mosley up. And it obviously works.
Maybe you know something I don't. I hear Mosley ridiculing Stewart for other reasons. I agree with the dress sense thing. I don't know (and I doubt anyone here does either) if he is a figure of fun amongst insiders. I somehow doubt the hat is a wind up, but again, I don't know.

As I said, talent and achievement (however great) do not grant immunity from criticism.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 AM

Has Stewart (with his perma-tartan cap) done a "Sean Connery" and f**ked off from Scotland at the first sign of a few quid, only to trumpet his Scottish Nationalism at the drop of a hat?

Quick Reply: Jackie Stewart to sue Max Mosley?