Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Its getting worse

Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Nov 28 2008, 03:33 PM
The phenpmenon of young girls who are all attitude and no brains is one I have noticed too.

So have insurance companies, apparently; It used to be young blokes who were trouble, but its ladettes whose claims are actually increasing the fastest.
Yeah, that's just so like wot evva! You're totally picking on me innit!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my daily commute I have to drive a 50 mph road (should be a 60 NSL, but some interfering twat changed it), for about 6 miles into Nottingham.

There is no way to overtake, but nearly everyone sits on each others arse, and I don't understand why why not chill out with some good music or the radio, realise that the journey is the same everyday and relax keeping plenty of distance from the driver in front?

I do concede that the same road does become really irritating when an OAP decides that because the road says 50mph, that means 35-40mph in old money
Old 12-01-2008, 05:19 AM
ADP

The thing that has annoyed me most recently is someone pulling out of a junction onto the road you are on, forcing you to brake(when they could have waited 5 secs as there is no one behind you) but just to top it off they turn off literally 20 secs later so are obviously just going to the local shop/round to a friends house or something.

People dont care how they impact themselves on other people these days - as long as "they are alright" then what else could matter.

Not signalling on junctions/roundabouts etc etc is another one
Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulF,Dec 1 2008, 10:50 AM
Yeah, that's just so like wot evva! You're totally picking on me innit!

Add about another 150 words, mostly meaningless and you're about there.

Do they not realise Vicki Pollard is a parody and played by a male actor?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:15 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

The "tailgating" described here is not what i'd call traditional old school gerrouttamyway tailgating (formerly the preserve of BMWs, and now Aldis).

I've passengered with several younger friends who drive very close to the car in front, but not in an aggresive way, it's just normal for them. They are oblivious to the dangers it seems.

A great example of this was when a mate and I had been DJing a party. We had a car each to get all the gear to and from the venue. We drove home in thick fog with visibility of no more than 30 yards. He drove about 6 feet from my rear bumper for a mile or two, before I stopped, got out and told him to back off. He apologised, saying he had no idea of the danger. Said mate went to a good school and has a raft of GCSEs and a some A-levels, so not a total thicko, but it seems that common sense is no longer allowed.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 AM

I cant begin to even describe some of the driving i see everyday! If i get started, i'll never finish!! I drive around for my job 4 days a week and i'm sometimes speechless at how shite some people are behind the wheel.. I have to wonder how many of these people have actually passed a proper driving test! Then you get on a motorway and it all just gets worse. I've given up trying to educate other drivers, i just overtake them and get on with my journey!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Dec 1 2008, 05:01 PM

Add about another 150 words, mostly meaningless and you're about there.

Do they not realise Vicki Pollard is a parody and played by a male actor?
Wot so she's like totally a fiktonal carakta on the telly. Oh my god, I thought she woz totally for real and everything, I've even told my kids to look up to her and everything. And anyway, why shouldn't I txt when i'm driving, i'm so like such a great driver and anyway wot would you like know anyway, your old and you just dont understand grandad, you've never been my age, and my Corsa's best thing on the road so it can handle it when i have to stop like so suddenly and anyway it would be someone elses fault cos the stopped whilst I woz texting and there was so no need.......

Is that better? If getting old means being out of touch with numpties like that, bring on the pipe and slippers!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 AM

Pulling up at an empty roundabout instead of filtering in is the thing that drives me mad. I am afraid it seems to be a female thing.

When I first mentioned this to my mate he accused me of being sexist. About two weeks later he came up to me and said

"You were right you know, but why women?"

Any ideas forum, chums and chumses?

Old 12-04-2008, 03:45 AM

The problem is most people dont have any observational skills whatsoever when driving.. eg approaching roundabouts they will not look to the right to see if its clear but come to a complete stop then have a look.. ridiculous and made worse by these new fences i've seen on a few roundabouts (normally dual carriageways) that stop you actually seeing whats coming until you are actually at the roundabout.. its beggars belief what t*** would decide that they are a good idea!

Then theres the classic 'whats this round thing in front of me for?' which i seem to notice more and more. If a car is turning right, people seem happy to sit behind them instead of using the wheel to turn around them?!! Whats that all about?!

Anyway, lunchtime rant over, back to trying to avoid these idiots again!
Old 12-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariner69,Dec 3 2008, 12:51 PM
Pulling up at an empty roundabout instead of filtering in is the thing that drives me mad. I am afraid it seems to be a female thing.
it IS a female thing

just like going into a corner way too fast is more of a man thing

Quick Reply: Its getting worse