Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

IAM and their view of driving too slow

Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAM and their view of driving too slow

Reading through the latest newsletter I came across this article which reeks of too true;

"You will recall the recent story of the poor lady from Bristol who was fined for doing 10mph on the M32. She reportedly suffered from a clinical fear of driving as well as MS, and claimed she had joined the M32 by accident.

It would be unfair to harp on about this particular case, but it does remind us of the need for every driver to make good progress at all times, subject to the driving conditions and speed limits encountered. Sadly, many drivers now seem to drive well within the prescribed limits and overtaking seems to be a dying art. The reasons are not hard to find.

Speed cameras have made everybody err on the safe side
Old 02-07-2008, 08:04 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

nowadays, people do seem to take being overtaken as a personal insult.

How many times have we all been flashed at for a perfectly decent overtaking move. Then get tailgated for it afterwards??

Odd.

Driving too slow causes a lot of issues, especially when combined with people (like me) who like to press on
Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On top of the reasons listed above, add into the equation that so many people don't know what speed they should be doing when they see a national speed limit sign on a single or dual carriage way. Why not replace these with the either 60 or 70 speed limit signs

I like to make good progress when driving probably in much the same way Mark does, but far too many people don't take any pride in their driving ability anymore. It's just a chore to them, and that worries me. It's too easy to be distracted in a car now, and there are some very bad drivers out there driving a couple of tons worth of 4x4 every morning.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:10 AM

She didn't "get lost" .. she actually said she had to buy a printer ink cart, and it was the only way she knew, to get to Staples.

She should have been shot. Just for a laugh.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:22 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

with a staple gun, presumably.

Why are people such tits whenever there's a scamera? Just drive past at around the speed limit FFS. You don't have to STOP on the rulery bit, you saggy wap.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 AM

[QUOTE=Tango Man,Feb 7 2008, 04:57 PM] As for overtaking, it seems some drivers simply won
Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

People who stop at roundabouts, whether something is on it or not, send me into a furious rage.

They should be shot.

In the knees.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thankfully theres not tooooooooo many people in coventry that are that bad. still, most of 'em look like they are doing 20 as i pass 'em.

to many Rtards on the roads.
i still think regular re-tests would work wonders for the UK roads - give people confidence, teach them that the rules of the road have changed since 40-50yrs ago and act as a refresher course.

i've never taken the IAM, but dad is an advance bike riding examiner, and they tell you that it is safe to break the limit upon overtaking.
tbh, it's usually safe to break the outter-city limits anyway. it all comes down to reading the road.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by MB,Feb 7 2008, 05:25 PM
People who stop at roundabouts, whether something is on it or not, send me into a furious rage.

They should be shot.

In the knees.
Nah..... Just shunt them out when there is a car approaching.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by NigelC,Feb 7 2008, 05:24 PM
One of my pet peeves is where other drivers deliberately close gaps when they see a car overtake. This is simply bl00dymindedness and quite often involves goods vehicles.
It's almost getting to the point of overtaking becoming an antisocial behaviour.
There are a lot of big children out there.

It's dangerous, as well as petty-minded.

They should be shot up the arse.

Quick Reply: IAM and their view of driving too slow