Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

I miss my S2000!

Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss my S2000!

Hi there, Ive been without my S2000 for about 9 months now, just thought it would post up and say what a mistake is was getting rid of it I sold it and bought a z3m roadster, as a wanted something quicker, but as an everyday car the z3m was not my cup of tea, i kept it only 5 months months. I am now driving a 05 plate A4 s-line diesel, which as an every day car is great and as i now do more miles at work is great for mpg, but i really do miss my S.

The girlfriend looks like she has got a new job just 5 miles away so i am currently trying to convince her to get rid of her A3 diesel and get another S2000, she is not having any of it, she wants either a TT or the new MX5, any ideas on how i can convince her to have the S??!! Ive read on this website so many times that people go back the S after getting rid, i really can see why now. Sorry for the slightly useless post but i had to get is off my chest!

I reminder to all of those thinking of getting rid of the S.... dont do it!

My old S

The Z3m roadster

The new A4

Old 02-22-2008, 03:05 AM

Inform her that Audi TT's suffered with coilpack faults and she may get stranded, the MX5 is erm,,, gay and too small and the S2000 is voted the most reliable sports car in the world, oh and the Blonde used to drive one in footballers wives.

I had a go in a Z3M, jees I thought the S was tail happy, all good fun but with those low down doors I thought I was going to fall out.

You could also try the cabin turbulance angle? Honda S2000 isn't that bad. (save her hair getting messed up)
Old 02-22-2008, 03:09 AM
ADP

why didnt you like the Beemer?

I missed my S a little, sometimes - I had 2 and swore I wouldnt buy a second one but ofcourse did!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:34 AM

the z3m was extremely tail happy, it was terrible in the wet, with 321bhp and no tc i should have really expected that though, i was going to invest in some new tyres for it but didnt like the car enough to spend any money on it. I was only getting 18 to 20 mpg even when driving like mrs daisy. It was incredibly quick, i kept up with some cars that i never would have dreamed of keeping up with in the S, but the older i get the more i realise its not all about how quick something is, its all those other little bits. I only lost
Old 02-22-2008, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lloyd Six,Feb 22 2008, 12:05 PM
Inform her that Audi TT's suffered with coilpack faults and she may get stranded, the MX5 is erm,,, gay and too small and the S2000 is voted the most reliable sports car in the world,
I can see why you're such a hit with the ladies!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:06 AM

I drove a Z3M before i decided on the S as it was similar money and a few more miles. Car was the Estoril blue as yours in the picture and i was really looking forward to having a play in it! Was totally disappointed with the power as i was expecting to be blown away with the performance (looking at the stats) and lairy handling! I thought after that it couldnt possibly have been running right as my mates E36 M3 Evo was much more potent so i guess i picked a bad one. Glad i went for the S though, even though looks like it will be for sale in April..
Old 02-22-2008, 04:30 AM

Lloyd - it was a gay black bloke that drove the S2000 in Footballers Wifes.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:48 AM

I was watching old re-runs of Top Gear last night and got vastly over excited when the S2000 was voted owne choice for best car of the year!

Tell her that all these S2K owners can't be wrong and she'd better get in quick and get one on the driveway.

Also, they're rarer than any MX5 or the TT which are becoming common!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 AM

the TT is so much more gay than the MX-5. Anyways the only answer is to make her test drive one after the other and hope the S2000 comes out on top. The MX-5 is really good but much heavier to drive so hopefully she'll notice that and just tell her that the TT is far too gay for you to be seen in.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 AM

Actually, that's a rational arguement Women are only interested in colour and looks Show her a Nurby S2k

Quick Reply: I miss my S2000!