Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Gtechniq

Old 07-26-2011, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XD, as you and others have observed, the success of a product like this is all in the prep.

My paintwork is excellent for its age, or at least close enough to excellent for something like this to be viable, in every respect except a couple of quite deep (through lacqer and top coat) stone chips.

Is there a way of dealing with stone chips without re-spraying that leaves it in good enough nick to seal?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
Originally Posted by AquilaEagle' timestamp='1311626138' post='20813857
Go in to the picture then right click the pic - copy the "Direct link to image" link, that goes in IMG tags

Tango - this reads very much like a commercial post to me - if you want to talk Trader status again give me a shout - you're pushing the boundaries.
Regarding the images that is a ridiculous way to include the image, it means you have to have two browser windows (or tabs) open as you can't go back and forward to the post you are creating, its ridiculous that you don't have an option to include images from your gallery in the post you are creating. I complained for what it is worth!
I was just advising how. cthree is not happy with it either, and is trying to sort something - the gallery has been the worst bit of the upgrade for everyone, including him.

See here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/880...t__p__20756038

It would be the same with a third party site having 2 windows or tabs open.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:45 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xd
Any qualified detailer will be backed by Gatechniqs 5 year warranty and as stated earlier I am one of their first.
I'm seriously considering booking you to come and do my car, but I'd like clarification on what the 5 year warranty entails.

Does it mean that if the product goes off/stops protecting within 5 year of application by an authorised dealer then it will get topped up/refreshed at Gtechniq's expense ?
Old 07-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Xd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much. Crystal Lacquer, which is the paint protection product is backed by Gtechniq's 5 year warranty to say it will give you five years protection if applied correctly by authorized detailers and maintained correctly. When the product is applied you are given a maintenance package and instructions on what you need to do to keep it at its best. If the product is found to fail in this time then it will be replaced free of charge.

Originally Posted by LTB
Originally Posted by Xd' timestamp='1311622106' post='20813595
Any qualified detailer will be backed by Gatechniqs 5 year warranty and as stated earlier I am one of their first.
I'm seriously considering booking you to come and do my car, but I'd like clarification on what the 5 year warranty entails.

Does it mean that if the product goes off/stops protecting within 5 year of application by an authorised dealer then it will get topped up/refreshed at Gtechniq's expense ?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another couple of months go by and this stuff is still doing an amazing job.
My last black car would show swirl marks after a few washes and I would end up re polishing & waxing.
It is now months since I have done anything other than wash with a lambswool mit and dry of with a microfibre and the finish still looks perfect. It even air dries after a shower with a just washed look.
The coating on the wheels and callipers after 7 or 8 months is still working like new. I just wash them with a microfibre and hose them.
This product changes everything. Highly recommended.