Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Gtechniq

Old 07-15-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xd
Its will give you five years of protection as long as its maintained properly, from a dirt deflectant aspect I'd say just keep it toped up with C2 Liquid Crystal every once in a while, literally spray on wipe off. Fine on glass, trim, even paint.
Can you expand on what "maintained properly" involves?

I'm a lazy sod with cleaning too, but I do like the cars looking good.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:41 PM

I am sorry but I don't believe any product can last 5 years, 5 months would be amazing .... 5 weeks is possible ... I have heard claims like this many times on many products over the years, its all marketing hype and I would never consider £4-500 to nearly £2000 to clean my car with a claim of it being 'protected' for 5 years ... I know there are people out there that will pay this, but usually those people have more money than sense. Sorry Lee, but I have been in the game too long to 'buy this' (pun intended) and no matter who was posting this I would feel obliged to offer my opinion as an experienced detailer, no offence meant.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Xd

Not a problem. It may be considered as marketing hype but it will still give you the best protection out there. You will also know that good preparation prior to applying anything will help maintain the shine and make any product more effective. I know personally of car that has been prepared and protected just over a year ago and it still looks good. Supagard on the other hand I have seen deteriorate after a month of applying.
Dan, maintaining means washing the car properly, for example not using harsh chemicals, sponges, etc.
LTB, I would say the Elise comes under a small car, feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk more.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2k_Nut
I am sorry but I don't believe any product can last 5 years, 5 months would be amazing .... 5 weeks is possible ... I have heard claims like this many times on many products over the years, its all marketing hype and I would never consider £4-500 to nearly £2000 to clean my car with a claim of it being 'protected' for 5 years ... I know there are people out there that will pay this, but usually those people have more money than sense. Sorry Lee, but I have been in the game too long to 'buy this' (pun intended) and no matter who was posting this I would feel obliged to offer my opinion as an experienced detailer, no offence meant.
It is hard to believe when there is so much hype but it does seem to work like nothing else.
Three months ago I removed all my wheels, totally cleaned and polished with anti-hologram polish, wiped over with meths and applied C5. All I do now is wash them with a wet microfibre and hose them down. The water bounces off like the day I C5'd them and they still have a high gloss.
The black paint work seems to resist swirls and still looks stunning after a neutral PH wash, spray with C2 and microfibre dry. Worth trying it.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:56 PM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I had my car done with this stuff back in December. Since then I've only jetwashed it and done two-bucket and sheepskin mitt efforts.

Here it is today having just driven through a monsoon.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Xd

Looking good

Originally Posted by lovegroova
I had my car done with this stuff back in December. Since then I've only jetwashed it and done two-bucket and sheepskin mitt efforts.

Here it is today having just driven through a monsoon.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:53 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Actually, I thought your car looked really excellent when I crashed into it parked next to it at the Herts meet.

If I didn't have more cars & tubes of polish in my garage than Rebekah Brooks has skeletons in her closet, I'd consider it.

I don't seem to get the time anymore.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
If I didn't have more cars & tubes of polish in my garage than Rebekah Brooks has skeletons in her closet, I'd consider it.
Just get a neighbour to dump a bin bag with all your old stuff in some underground car park. That'll sort it. Oh ... wait ...
Old 07-25-2011, 06:57 AM

OK well I decided that based on Lee's endorsement of this product I would give it a go, despite my scepticism. I found that applying the C1 was quite easy but this was because I had prepared the surface of the cars (pictures below) appropriately. The label states that these products should be applied by professionals, I am guessing this is because once the C1 is applied to the car there is no going back to remove it, and therefore the finish underneath will be 'protected' by the C1, therefore your preparation is vital before application. I also purchased the P1 polish, reading the label ('the only polish I will ever need') again I was sceptical however it was indeed an excellent product, and I was more than happy after using the polish to determine the cars were ready for the LSP (Last step product) to be applied in this case the C1 lacquer. Once I applied this I was quite surprised how deep the colour became on the cars, and also how relatively easy it was to apply, but i can't stress enough this product is not for coming off once applied to your car, so unless you are a detailer, at least by nature, you might want to leave this to the professionals to apply for you.

I then applied the G3 glass product (similar in nature to rainx which i miss) but as it hasn't rained yet then I am not sure of this products effectiveness in the wet, I also applied the G5 to the wheels again reputedly protects and makes wheel cleansing so much easier.

So, I detailed two cars using these products the images you can see below and i think they speak for themselves as far as 'beauty' goes, ie the cars look very shiny and recently detailed. However, my scepticism was always on the longevity of the product so I will only be able to comment on that long term, several months down the road. However, I went on a run on Sunday, two days after the car was treated and when I came home as you might expect my car was full of dead flies and bugs on the front, and the wheels were full of brake dust, the windscreen was as usual in the S hammered with dead stuff. I brought out my bucket and hose and set to giving it a wash and this is where I was very impressed. Washing the body work the dead flies simply fell off with hardly any effort at all, and the soapy water just flowed right off too so I found myself washing half the car then rinsing it, then drying it, it was very very easy. Then i set to cleaning the wheels ( I hate cleaning wheels ) and I was again impressed, a simple wipe over with a sponge was sufficient for all the brake dust to just come away. Finally I set to cleaning the windscreen ( I hate cleaning windows even more than wheels ) and I was mightily impressed with how easy the dead stuff came off the glass too. It took me only 35 minutes to wash my car and bring it back to the detailed state it was in two days earlier (The detailing session took me 6 hours on the mini, and 4 hours on mine) I was thrilled with the outcome.

In summary then, this product line has a great potential and looks good after detailing, I will be interested to see how long it is before I feel the need to re-detail my car again, and I will report back when I do find that time approaches. But so far I am very impressed, thanks for the heads up Lee on what appears to be a great product and I hope you don't mind my mini review here.

I hate the fact I can't access the gallery from the post here are the links to the images

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...110722-171902/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...110722-171831/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...110722-171810/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...110724-153207/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...110724-153133/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...110724-153111/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...110724-153105/
Old 07-25-2011, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul are you free in September?

Quick Reply: Gtechniq