Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Goodwood FoS Moving Motor Show...

Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodwood FoS Moving Motor Show...

Afternoon all, while browsing Twitter earlier, I stumbled upon a competition to win tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Not one to turn down a free competition, I entered, not even considering that I'd win. I was slightly wrong, turns out I did win, but not tickets to the main weekend, but for the Thursday. Looking at the Goodwood website, I'm assuming the tickets are for the Moving Motor Show. Anyone from here been to that before and can let me know what it's like?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 AM

Have been a couple of years to the Moving Motor show due to my job. Make sure you get there early and get yourself booked on a few drives.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:48 AM

Do they charge for the drives?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No they don't. But it is pretty difficult to get signed up to drive anything remotely interesting such is the popularity of the event.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 AM

Quick review of the Moving Motor Show: Twas rather busy, a few interesting cars (Ferarri FF, a rather rapid Volvo, M5 and M6), Dacia appeared to have a good following and brought their entire range along. Honda brought some current spec Civics and an FN Si model (although they did make up for it by having Matt Neal's BTCC Civic and a WTCC Civic).

Had a look round to have a sneak preview of what's going on at the FoS over the weekend, there is some nice looking machinery there. Highlights for me included standing behind an MV Agusta while it was being revved (loud), taking a pic of John Surtees, meeting up with an old friend (one of Ayrton Senna's Lotus' that I had a photo taken of with me standing beside it when I was three), static testing of Senna's McLaren, Alfa Romeo 4C. One disappointment - the Honda stand, thought they might have an NSX prototype, just to show it off, and some other cars. Instead they just had an off-road bike and an ATV.

Pics to be added later...
Old 07-12-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkeybone
Quick review of the Moving Motor Show: Twas rather busy, a few interesting cars (Ferarri FF, a rather rapid Volvo, M5 and M6), Dacia appeared to have a good following and brought their entire range along. Honda brought some current spec Civics and an FN Si model (although they did make up for it by having Matt Neal's BTCC Civic and a WTCC Civic).

Had a look round to have a sneak preview of what's going on at the FoS over the weekend, there is some nice looking machinery there. Highlights for me included standing behind an MV Agusta while it was being revved (loud), taking a pic of John Surtees, meeting up with an old friend (one of Ayrton Senna's Lotus' that I had a photo taken of with me standing beside it when I was three), static testing of Senna's McLaren, Alfa Romeo 4C. One disappointment - the Honda stand, thought they might have an NSX prototype, just to show it off, and some other cars. Instead they just had an off-road bike and an ATV.

Pics to be added later...

I got freebie tickets off my brother for yesterdays show too. I was disappointed to be honest quite a few cars missing from their displays, even more so at the top of the hill at the Rally paddock. Looking at what was going on yesterday and whats going on today i can see why my brother wasnt fussed about handing over his tickets!

Highlights of the day was hearing the F1 car running, awesome sound. I will definitely go next year but only to the FOS. Found yesterday abit too boring in terms of what was going on. I dont mind walking around looking at cars but im far more interested in the stuff thats running on the track.

Did you have a black S2000? saw one in the car park trying to leave about 4ish. I done 6 hours driving in total yesterday trying to get there and back!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:56 AM

Nope, Monte Carlo Blue. I didn't see another S2000 all day until I was back on the A27 heading back towards Portsmouth, and that was another MCB heading the opposite way.

I did try to get some test drives in, started at the BMW stand (hoping for a try of the M5) but was told quite politely by the lady there that they were fully booked up months in advance. I then chanced my luck at the Honda stand, "Is this where I sign up for a test drive?", to which the man replied "Sorry my friend, not for you". He could have worded it better, but hey.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:22 PM

As promised, some pics from the Moving Motor Show...

Old 07-14-2013, 06:30 PM

Old 07-14-2013, 06:35 PM

Quick Reply: Goodwood FoS Moving Motor Show...