Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

General Bike Whoring

Old 08-07-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I always liked the 748 in yellow. There used to be a girl on here (Kitty) that had one and if I remember correctly it was also the 'R'.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shiskine
Nasty high-side for Guy Martin at Dundrod. Article simply says he avoided serious injury and misses the Ulster GP race on Saturday.

(Look out for the Keystone Cop marshall taking a tumble in the mud ... )

Shame there wasn't just one more blue barrier to stop him bouncing along. I knew Guy had comes off in Ulster, but didn't know it was that bad.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

300 mile trip yesterday bringing it back,

my word its fast!

Old 08-09-2015, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flybikeslee
300 mile trip yesterday bringing it back,

my word its fast!
And this is why I laugh when people opt for the bimmer cos the fireblade etc might not be enough for the road....

Bit of 'light' work on the Suzuki today

Old 08-09-2015, 10:36 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Must have been the day for it yesterday - had the front end of the VFR in bits sorting out the joys of late 90s Honda PCB issues and shit quality paint. I swear this is the last red Honda i ever buy Wet sanded the entire front end of the thing including the perspex screen to get a shine back and get rid of the crazing in the paint and plastics. I think it has been resprayed at some point and I'm less than convinced about the quality of the spray job.

On the plus side I found out why the dash turn signals weren't working, no lamps. Duly replaced those but on the downside I also found out why they were missing - they don't work properly due to aforementioned PCB issues. Next thing is to remove it all again and spend a couple of hours with a multimeter going through the PCB tracks one at a time until i find the broken ones. Whilst I'm at that, i'll go around every earth point i can find and clean it up and clean up the pins / dielectric grease every connection i can get to.

Gave it all a clean whilst i was changing lamps over.

Bumper trim cleaner works a treat on scabby vinyl seats!

Old 08-10-2015, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by unclefester
Must have been the day for it yesterday - had the front end of the VFR in bits sorting out the joys of late 90s Honda PCB issues and shit quality paint. I swear this is the last red Honda i ever buy Wet sanded the entire front end of the thing including the perspex screen to get a shine back and get rid of the crazing in the paint and plastics. I think it has been resprayed at some point and I'm less than convinced about the quality of the spray job.

On the plus side I found out why the dash turn signals weren't working, no lamps. Duly replaced those but on the downside I also found out why they were missing - they don't work properly due to aforementioned PCB issues. Next thing is to remove it all again and spend a couple of hours with a multimeter going through the PCB tracks one at a time until i find the broken ones. Whilst I'm at that, i'll go around every earth point i can find and clean it up and clean up the pins / dielectric grease every connection i can get to.

Gave it all a clean whilst i was changing lamps over.

Bumper trim cleaner works a treat on scabby vinyl seats!

Good effort. Is there no american company that makes replacement PCBs? Usually is.

As for the bumper cleaner on the seat, aren't you worried about slipping off it?
Old 08-10-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Nah - just using it as a cleaner. By the time I get on it ... It will be long worn off :-)

Fixed the PCB tonight - it ain't pretty but it works and the meter likes it.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the idea of the bm, the tech and looks. wouldnt justify the price just yet though. As you say, blade is enough!
Old 08-10-2015, 02:31 PM

I like the idea of the bm, the tech and looks. wouldnt justify the price just yet though. As you say, blade is enough!
A 600 is enough. I have done 15k miles on the Hornet and the only times I have wanted more is when I have been an inadequate rider and not been in the correct gear.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You like the looks?!?! It looks like Sloth from the Goonies. The 2015 version looks better but it's still no looker.

Quick Reply: General Bike Whoring