Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

General Bike Whoring

Old 06-26-2014, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester
You can all have a good chuckle at what it's like to be stuck on a 125 80 mile round trip to work and back - fun for the most part. Hopefully getting around to DAS at the back end of this year, with a number of other things going on there's just not been the time to get enough practice in.

Don't knock it! You're out in the fresh air, just like the S2K !! and real credit to you doing that mileage everyday.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:27 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by PTR300
Don't knock it! You're out in the fresh air, just like the S2K !! and real credit to you doing that mileage everyday.
2 days so far lol still it's a good mix of roads and a nice distance. Rotten weather + tired etc has put it on hold for the moment. Back on it week after next though as long as the rain stays reliably off for the most part
Old 06-26-2014, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester
Originally Posted by PTR300' timestamp='1403853003' post='23220216
2 days so far lol still it's a good mix of roads and a nice distance. Rotten weather + tired etc has put it on hold for the moment. Back on it week after next though as long as the rain stays reliably off for the most part
There is something nice about riding a little bike around nice and steady.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 AM

Great deal ! not a fan of BMW bikes myself, ugly Fu rs , don't like the cars either come to think of it......now the Busa that's just pure cream..... and the "gay red graphics" erm, nice.... so post a non graphed pic then
[/quote]

Personally I think it looks so much better without all the shell suit red graphics.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by mr-pitts

Personally I think it looks so much better without all the shell suit red graphics.
Now that is nice very,very,nice
Old 06-27-2014, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by PTR300
Originally Posted by mr-pitts' timestamp='1403876725' post='23220482

Now that is nice very,very,nice
Why thank you sir.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:33 PM

The Busa has always looked...well...weird, like a sausage dog! Awesome machine though and definitely looks better without the red graphics.

Was speaking to a Ducati rider the other day. Nice guy - bought all the Ducati leathers and had a specials 'Diesel Clothing' edition Ducati.

He'd had the Bike a couple of years and done 2700 miles from new. Told him I did 3300 in the past two months

Diesel laden roundabouts are still presenting a major hazard. It's easy to spot on the open road, but when the roundabout is broken, or their is low lying sun reflecting of the rain soaked roads it's nigh on impossible. I crawl around some and still feel the front end slipping. Quite worrying when you have an Artic on the outside of you

Just keep up you lifesaver checks everyone. 95% of bikers don't make them and my livesaver checks have already saved my life twice from idiot cars undertaking when I'm turning right on a roundabout.

Managed to get tw4tted on the head by a bird the other day too. Was only doing about 25mph and managed to duck so it glanced of the top of my helmet. Still made a massive thud mind!

My rev matching work is now getting a lot better. Can blat down the box when braking very quickly at high revs with no slipper clutch in sight. Essential to smooth swift riding and I pop flames:

Stay safe
Old 06-30-2014, 11:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Check out the handlebar conversion, it suits me down to the ground.I needed to get rid of the gaudy red graphics which I have done and replaced the with carbon look, from a distance it looks all black now which is good.I forgot how much I luv Busa's.I was prepared to sell the Beemer and quit bikes altogether,I'm glad I didn't.This thing has 2300 miles on it when the deal was done so its like new,Ive since removed the gay red graphics,put a Hid headlight on it,heated grips and all is good
How easy is it to convert to a HID headlight as that is something that I really want to do to my bike?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Managed to get tw4tted on the head by a bird the other day too. Was only doing about 25mph and managed to duck so it glanced of the top of my helmet. Still made a massive thud mind!

Stay safe
So was it a "duck" then? Could you have not BBQ it with the exhaust?
Some flame off that ! Was that an off with the kill switch and back on again !
nice pic !
Old 06-30-2014, 12:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blue monster
Originally Posted by mr-pitts' timestamp='1403827767' post='23219899
Check out the handlebar conversion, it suits me down to the ground.I needed to get rid of the gaudy red graphics which I have done and replaced the with carbon look, from a distance it looks all black now which is good.I forgot how much I luv Busa's.I was prepared to sell the Beemer and quit bikes altogether,I'm glad I didn't.This thing has 2300 miles on it when the deal was done so its like new,Ive since removed the gay red graphics,put a Hid headlight on it,heated grips and all is good
How easy is it to convert to a HID headlight as that is something that I really want to do to my bike?
It'll be much like doing it on a car, but tbh, I doubt you'll get the performance of a headlamp designed for HIDs, due to lack of projector lens in the headlamp. The majority of kits will be cheap crap too.

By all means, do it if you want, but you will risk dazzling other motorists unnecessarily and being left without lights due to a faulty component.

I'd opt for better lamps in your standard unit, or if needs be, uprate the whole headlamp assembly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: General Bike Whoring