I like that!

Is it 1200cc
Yes, it's the HP2 Sport.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6gJT8MNuG9g
Old 01-15-2009, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice.
Will be good to hear a report on it.
Are they not USD forks? Or am I looking at the wrong bit?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by san2000' date='Jan 15 2009, 11:56 AM
Looks nice.
Will be good to hear a report on it.
Are they not USD forks? Or am I looking at the wrong bit?
They're not USD forks. The front end is a telelever set up so the damping is not done by a spring etc in the fork but by a separate shock absorber.

For the full technical explanation look here:

http://www.dinamoto.it/DINAMOTO/on-line%20.../Telelever.html

The bottom line is that you can brake as hard as you like and the front will only dip slightly. On a conventionally sprung bike the front end would dive.

The other advantage is that you can brake mid corner and the bike doesn't want to sit up straight.

The KS uses a similar arrangement based on the suspension designed by Gordon Hossack.

See here:

http://www.hossack-design.co.uk/php/page.php?p=1
Old 01-15-2009, 04:05 AM

Interesting. Will have a read when I get time.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:42 AM

Mmmm, HP2 Sport - me likes!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:52 AM

Guys - just popped up on this thread as a 'newbie'.......I'm in the process of trying to book my DA for early March (although tricky with the new test coming in).

I've been scouting round thinking about what bike to get after I've passed my test. I'm really interested in riding a bike for touring purposes, getting the wife on the back and properly going places.

I've always had a soft spot for VFR's and the new one looks lovely (as evidenced by your guys pics above). Question is, do you think it's good bike for beginners?

I've heard mixed messages...........I'm a reasonably sensible guy and wouldn't be winding it up until I was completely comfortable and done a bit more advanced training and time behind the wheel. But in your opinion would I just be lining myself up for suicide?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Spuffington' date='Jan 15 2009, 02:52 PM

I've always had a soft spot for VFR's and the new one looks lovely (as evidenced by your guys pics above). Question is, do you think it's good bike for beginners?

I've heard mixed messages...........I'm a reasonably sensible guy and wouldn't be winding it up until I was completely comfortable and done a bit more advanced training and time behind the wheel. But in your opinion would I just be lining myself up for suicide?
My first "big" bike after I passed my test was a VFR 750FT. You'll be fine provided you take some advanced tuition and do a few track days so you really get the feel for what the bike will do.

I would just avoid the more extreme sports bikes like Gixxer Thou's R1's, Blades and ZX 10s. IMO these are really only suited to the track.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:18 AM

Or do like I did and buy a real tourer (tractor) that you can't drive too fast coz you are sat too high

My first (real) bike ...

I really must learn how to take decent pictures
Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Spuffington' date='Jan 15 2009, 06:52 AM
Guys - just popped up on this thread as a 'newbie'.......I'm in the process of trying to book my DA for early March (although tricky with the new test coming in).

I've been scouting round thinking about what bike to get after I've passed my test. I'm really interested in riding a bike for touring purposes, getting the wife on the back and properly going places.

I think thats my VFR you're talking about up there!

Like you, I did DA (couple of years ago now) and did consider a VFR800(Fi) before eventually deciding on a Triumph TT600. The reason for this was not because the VFR was too powerful - straight line speed is comparable with a 600 - the main reason was the weight.

A VFR tips the scales at around 240/250kg fully fuelled up - a 600cc bike is around 180/190kg, which is a big difference. If you're not used to manhandling a stationery bike, the VFR could easily catch you out IMO.

Saying that, if you're a big bloke who is fairly careful and competent you should be fine with the VFR, but something like a CBF600 may be more suitable as it is lighter and more manageable, although it may sturggle 2 up with luggage.

Best bet? Get down to a Honda dealer and try a CBF600 and a VFR800 out for size - both are current models, so should have demo bikes or used ones you can try.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Fletch' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:18 PM
Or do like I did and buy a real tourer (tractor) that you can't drive too fast coz you are sat too high

My first (real) bike ...

I really must learn how to take decent pictures
You can't ride that fast because, in the corners, it will ground out on the footpegs at anything more than a slight lean angle: on the straights you're arms will get pulled from the sockets at anything over 70; and anywhere because your fillings will fall out

Quick Reply: General Bike Whoring