Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Flashing of lights

Old 02-27-2007, 05:42 AM
pip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-27-2007, 05:47 AM
reg

Welsh, don't worry about it, like I said it was my mistake.

Being called un-educated, a tool and a troll who is not interested in proper discussion doesn't really inspire me.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

As always, the debate is over the grey area.....

'if it's dark - I put my lights on'

I'm sure everyone understands and agrees with that, but the problem is that it is not light at 3.59pm and dark at 4pm

It's difficult to know why so many people are flashing, but it's hard to escape the conclusion that your opinion regarding what constitutes a need to be more visible, differs considerably from many others.

Maybe the only way that we will get to the bottom of this is to get some idea of how often most of us are flashed (ligt conditions, not overtaking etc).

I must say that I am quite cautious when it comes to using lights - in that I would put them on sooner rather than later. During the 'day', it has everything to do with being seen, and nothing to do with seeing. I just see it as being one extra thing I can do to lessen the chance of an accident. If I'm driving at very high speeds on a clear sunny day, I'll still put some lights on, for the same reason.

Finally, I can honestly say that I've never been irritated by anyone flashing me in the daytime/twilght etc. It has ALWAYS been because I have forgotten to put on my lights (perhaps just come out of urban well lit roads or heavy traffic).

In those circumstances it has been very useful and welcomed, not resented.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get flashed if I overtake and there's still a mile between me and the person coming towards me. I get flashed for doing more than 30 on an nsl country lane with good visibility. By the same people who do 40 in a 30.

When my headlights were out of alignment and I was dazzling people (I was stuck in scotland) I got flashed a lot.

Other than that... I don't get flashed.

Although a girl on a bus once flashed her boobs at me
Old 02-27-2007, 05:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reg,Feb 27 2007, 02:47 PM
Welsh, don't worry about it, like I said it was my mistake.

Being called un-educated, a tool and a troll who is not interested in proper discussion doesn't really inspire me.
No offence taken and I hope none given but I would be interested in your response to the two issues I raised.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by reg,Feb 27 2007, 01:05 PM
Would you like to read the thread before making sweeping observations about as wrong as they could be? That's right .......personal judgement and what exactly is an old duffer in a Rover going to have in common with mine, answer sod all therefore stop flashing me.

No real justification is needed but for the record I never get in anyones way on the road and move right out of the way for bikes and dont play games with fast cars. I treat as I find and and really dont get any grief apart from people flashing their lights in the middle of the day for no good reason.

Which is what the thread is about.
Oh I have been away for a while:

Correct! - Lights! That is what this thread is about - which I mentioned first and then went on to mention that another of your comments concerned me! Doh read it!

When you refer to someone as a cVnt in my book and most other people!! this is a pretty degrading term therefore suggests that you disagree quite strongly with their actions etc etc.

In this case - see earlier posts you used the term cVnt to refer to someone who wanted to make progress quicker than you. I was using this to highlight the fact that maybe you have some sort of attitude/problem with this. The case rests your honour!

One or two people flashing you is normal - Lots of people flashing me would lead myself to question my "light issue" or driving standard. Afterall if you have attracted a lot of this has it ever occurred it actually maybe you? And in actual fact nothing to do with your lights!