Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

F1: Monaco

Old 05-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Dennis said Alonso was "on a racially different strategy" from Hamilton to cover for the potential deployment of the safety car, which has happened in four of the last five races at Monaco following an accident.

Blimey, that's a bit strong!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was right about the team orders then...
I still reckon some people are being downright odd with the Hamilton criticism. Some kind of Jealousy?
I can't see that he's doing anything different than any other young driver in his position.
To be quite frank he strikes me as a genuine racer who will come into his own once he's really settled down and learnt some race-craft and how to set up the car.
Of course no one really knows how good he is. Only time can tell us that.
But he appears to be as fast as his illustrious team mate at this moment in time.

Opinions are great though aren't they?

I agree with Bada as well. I thought it was a top race to three quarter distance. Full of the tension I love from F1.
There doesn't always need to be daring-do overtaking.
There's other types of racing to watch if you want that kind of stuff.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverskin,May 28 2007, 06:47 PM
I can't see that he's doing anything different than any other young driver in his position.
but he is not like any other young driver..

how many other young drivers have had the Mclaren academy?..

even Schuy and Alonso have not had this level of support...Minardi etc..
Old 05-28-2007, 12:54 PM

McLaren to be investigated

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/6698349.stm
Old 05-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

What aoad of shite. I hope the moaning little bitch is put in his place. They didn't use team orders, they told both their drivers to calm it to stop them wrapping the cars round an armco and throwing away valuable points.

What's wrong with that?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by silverskin,May 28 2007, 05:47 PM
I was right about the team orders then...
I still reckon some people are being downright odd with the Hamilton criticism. Some kind of Jealousy?
To be quite frank he strikes me as a genuine racer who will come into his own once he's really settled down and learnt some race-craft and how to set up the car.
Of course no one really knows how good he is. Only time can tell us that.
But he appears to be as fast as his illustrious team mate at this moment in time.
I agree with you, but Monaco does seem to have brought out the less mature side of him, which has got to be expected of any 21 year old realistically!

I don't know if Lewis genuinely thought he had the pace to win, but in the first stint he clearly didn't.

Alonso lost out in traffic before the first stop, so Lewis got closer, but I don't think Alonso was ever under any genuine threat from Lewis, and all Lewis has now done with his sour grapes post race attitude is create a big issue for McLaren, and tensions within the team - he has not done anyone any favours.

And if he is getting so impatient for his first win after just 5 races, he should go have a chat with Button!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned

Agreed. If I was Ron Dennis, Hamilton would be due an absolute shafting for what he's caused. They could well be docked all their driver/constructor points from Monaco, if not a race ban.

The boy needs to watch his mouth. Calling back markers "monkeys", bitching about not being allowed to race his 2x world champion team mate on the most dangerous track of the calendar in the final phase of the race once he's been beaten, and provoking an investigation by the FIA - if it were De La Rosa he'd be out on his ear.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,May 28 2007, 10:01 PM
What aoad of shite. I hope the moaning little bitch is put in his place. They didn't use team orders, they told both their drivers to calm it to stop them wrapping the cars round an armco and throwing away valuable points.

What's wrong with that?
Didn't use team orders? So they didn't put 4 laps of extra fuel in Hamilton's car during qualifying? Why not put that extra fuel in alonso's car. Everyone knows how difficult it is to overtake at monaco and that whoever was in front was going to stay in front.

But despite that, once Alonso was ahead it was a given that Maclaren were going to stop them fighting between themselves and risking putting one or both the cars into the barrier.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,May 29 2007, 09:17 AM
Agreed. If I was Ron Dennis, Hamilton would be due an absolute shafting for what he's caused. They could well be docked all their driver/constructor points from Monaco, if not a race ban.

The boy needs to watch his mouth. Calling back markers "monkeys", bitching about not being allowed to race his 2x world champion team mate on the most dangerous track of the calendar in the final phase of the race once he's been beaten, and provoking an investigation by the FIA - if it were De La Rosa he'd be out on his ear.
Ron Dennis directly admitted it himself so i don't think you can put all the blame on hamilton.

Got a degree of jealousy going on there Bada?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:35 AM
Banned

Don't be daft, I do care about McLaren's and Alonso's championships though. He's just a whining little (but admittedly talented) ponce who needs to learn his place.

I am however very surprised at Dennis' post-race verbal diarrhea though.

Quick Reply: F1: Monaco