Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

F1: Monaco

Old 05-27-2007, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the chances of Alonso and Hamilton taking each other out of the 1st lap?...and then Massa leading the parade to the end.

Hopefully Kimmi will try and battle through the field so we can see some overtaking.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

I cannot see how Hamilton can beat Alonso unless he gets in front at the first corner or Alonso crashes

I think it's more likely Massa and Hamilton will clash

and while I'm here, can anyone explain the point of Louise Goodman?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ianl,May 27 2007, 10:09 AM
Having said all that, IMHO he is not only very good (that much is surely obvious form his results, good car or not) he is also exciting to watch - he was far and away the most visually dramatic driver in qualifying. It isnt too often you see a moden F1 car in a full 4 wheel drift!

And he's proved he's not afraid to try the overtaking moves either. Alonso, as good as he is, tends to have a bit too much of the use the pit stop strategy mentality.

Looks like Hamilton has more fuel than Alonso for this race. I think he's going to win this one. I'll be sure to come back in a couple of hours and eat my words.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:40 AM

Hamilton just made a media slip up calling the back markers "monkey's". He said "All the monkeys at the back".

I dont think that is a nice way to talk about Kimmi!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 AM

I think the only reason Lewis can't win the championship in his first year is team orders.
I'd agree with Button being as quick in the same car. I'm not sure about six other drivers. Especially If your not including Ferrari drivers and his team mate.

To dislike a driver just because of media coverage doesn't make sense. It's not his fault. People need to start looking beyond the hype and start forming opinions based on what they're seeing.

I'm just loving this year compared to any MS dominated year.

Looking forward to a good race.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigfecker,May 27 2007, 11:40 AM
Hamilton just made a media slip up calling the back markers "monkey's". He said "All the monkeys at the back".

I dont think that is a nice way to talk about Kimmi!
I wonder what would happen if he was described as a monkey

Old 05-27-2007, 03:50 AM

I hate all these muppets on the grid who know very little about F1

I pedict a day when there will be an accident on the grid before the race starts and a couple of celebs will be hurt, a fire or something
Old 05-27-2007, 03:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by silverskin,May 27 2007, 11:43 AM
I think the only reason Lewis can't win the championship in his first year is team orders.

I'd agree with Button being as quick in the same car. I'm not sure about six other drivers. Especially If your not including Ferrari drivers and his team mate.

To dislike a driver just because of media coverage doesn't make sense. It's not his fault. People need to start looking beyond the hype and start forming opinions based on what they're seeing.

I'm just loving this year compared to any MS dominated year.
Why would there be team orders favouring Alonso? There is certainly no evidence of that happening to-date, so I can't see why it would happen in the future.

I am including Massa and Raikonnen. I would add Button, Kubica, Rosberg, Trulli, Heidfeld, Fisi, DC and the other Schumacher (the last two 'monkeys' have form in competitive cars)

I can't dislike someone I know so little about. I can be irritated and repulsed by the coverage.

The Hamilton hype is a very useful smokescreen to cover the fact that F1 has not become more exciting and is much a procession as it has ever been

Old 05-27-2007, 04:02 AM

We'll have to disagree on Trulli and Fisi and RS...
I'd agree with the rest you mention. It would be great to see what they could do.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:04 AM

the parade has begun

Quick Reply: F1: Monaco