Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

F1:: British Grand Prix Silverstone

Old 07-06-2008, 05:56 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Top Race. Well done lewis.

Glad to see RB & Honda having a good race
Old 07-06-2008, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great drive by Lewis. Shame Raikkonen didn't put on fresh tyres then it would have been more of a battle.

Great race by Raikkonen - In 11th and fought his way back up to get some points. That's two races now where he could have had no points - hopefully he's had his share of bad luck.

Great to see Massa return to type!
Old 07-06-2008, 05:57 AM

Good drive by Lewis, but surely driver of the day is Nick Heidfeld? Imagine if Lweis had done those double overtaking manouvers...?!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hypersonik,Jul 6 2008, 02:57 PM
Good drive by Lewis, but surely driver of the day is Nick Heidfeld? Imagine if Lweis had done those double overtaking manouvers...?!
He did at the start saying that Heidfeld had a great race as did rubens, he could have been fighting for the win if it wasn't for the fueling problem!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hypersonik,Jul 6 2008, 02:57 PM
Indeed. I don't think we once saw Heidfeld off the road (not that we saw much of him at all). I was hoping for Heidfeld to get the win.

But having said that, Hamilton was so much faster than everybody else on the same tyres, he made the rest of the field look a bit silly. Heidfeld was a long way back at the end.

The hard thing to understand is with Barichello in a Honda running rings around the rest of the field, that everybody else stayed on the intermediates. You have to think that the likes of Trulli or Alonso could have got an easy second place today if they'd just changed tyres, and possibly challenged from the win. Weird.

Wet races are always fun.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think everyone was having a "well it's not going to last" despite the obvious data showing Barichellos pace and once they were thinking like that they just wouldn't switch.

Good drive by Hamilton
Old 07-06-2008, 06:21 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Ross Brawn talking about Lewis on the intermediates just now: "I don't know how he did it, to be 10 seconds a lap faster than anyone else."

Worth driver of the day IMO, especially as he'd no need to overtake anyone (after blizting the start and going past his team mate with ease).

To be going that much quicker than everyone else for pretty much the whole race and not make any mistakes is a great drive.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Jul 6 2008, 03:21 PM
Ross Brawn talking about Lewis on the intermediates just now: "I don't know how he did it, to be 10 seconds a lap faster than anyone else."

Worth driver of the day IMO, especially as he'd no need to overtake anyone (after blizting the start and going past his team mate with ease).

To be going that much quicker than everyone else for pretty much the whole race and not make any mistakes is a great drive.

Hamilton was literally streets ahead of anyone else, to be so much faster on the same tyres shows how much ability he has, truely an awesome race.

James Allen really needs to understand that he is there to commentate on the race, how many times does he whitter on about some shite while the TV cameras are showing track action, he really is a nob!

Fantastic race, and I felt for them driving a 700/800+ bhp car in the wet must be terrifying ... makes me think of Phils_s2k turbo'd S
Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 AM

A few minutes highlights.

http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoHighlights.aspx

Good race.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Entertaining race & a great Hamilton drive.

Brilliant result for the championship as well.

All of the contending drivers have proeved capable of having stupendous days & calamatous days with Lewis perhaps being the most extreme of the 4 of them (with Kubica the least!) - look at Monacao & Silverstone with Montreal & France inbetween!

Quick Reply: F1:: British Grand Prix Silverstone