Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

F1

Old 03-08-2006, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mate works for Super Aguri, has told me some 'intersting' stories about technical adjustments (bodges) made to the car!! Will be an absolute miracle if either of them finish!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone... .....predicted a frustrating season for Kimi at McLaren.

Early days, but:

Fcuked McLaren

Bada
Old 03-10-2006, 05:57 AM
GSi

Originally Posted by UK Paul,Mar 8 2006, 07:20 AM
Right I lost a tenna last time around.

DC to get a podium finish this season...anyone?
Go on then
Old 03-10-2006, 10:17 AM

Has anyone read the qualifying rules this year?

For last of the 3 sessions drivers can refuel, if they put 60kg of fuel in the car they then must start the race with 60kg of fuel onboard. But they still need to do a quick lap so they will then burn as much fuel as possible to get the car weight down and then do a hot lap.

Before the race they then have to put back in the same amount of fuel they started the 3rd session with!

Ted explains all here:

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...al&PO_ID=35160

Old 03-10-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfecker,Mar 10 2006, 07:17 PM
Has anyone read the qualifying rules this year?

For last of the 3 sessions drivers can refuel, if they put 60kg of fuel in the car they then must start the race with 60kg of fuel onboard. But they still need to do a quick lap so they will then burn as much fuel as possible to get the car weight down and then do a hot lap.

Before the race they then have to put back in the same amount of fuel they started the 3rd session with!

Ted explains all here:

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...al&PO_ID=35160
Top stuff isn't it - I'll bet people will be glued to their TV sets watching the exciting new qualifying format and race starts. I think they could do a bit more on the starting front though - maybe they could make the pole-sitter line up backwards and start in reverse, for example.

I think the same principles could be applied to other sports also. Take football - give winning teams wider goals and so on, after all its not about the winning its the taking part and TV coverage that really counts surely. Maybe James Allen could widen his range and do a bit of commentary here too - that would really pull in the audiences
Old 03-11-2006, 11:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GSi,Mar 10 2006, 02:57 PM
Go on then
Never saw the qualifying, but did DC just get out and push his motor around?

Okay kidda, you're on.....
Old 03-12-2006, 02:41 AM
GSi

Starting out as I think he will go on
Old 03-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Banned

Cracking race, and a great start to the season.

Alonso once again shows his class, and I think fittingly pulled the same sort of aggressive manouvre on Schumacher (upon leaving from his final pit stop), as Schumi has done in the past to Kimi and Fernando when they were younger. Both men now have the measure of their older adversary and are now visibly putting him in the shade. For Kimi to come from 22nd on the grid to within 19secs of Shumi at the chequered flag is astounding. McLaren really need to lose their "fast but fragile" reputation though. It was bitterly disappointing to see his car fall apart so early in the weekend, but granted it shouldn't fall apart at all. Schumi was smiling through gritted teeth as he left the car; you could see that this should be his final season. He gave it his all, and his younger opponents just made it look easy. He looked a clearly broken man as he walked from his car, and had several good looks at Kimi's car on the way past. I wonder if he's thinking of blagging a seat in it for next year?

As I predicted, Rosberg showed phenomenal speed, banging in the fastest lap, snapping up 7th place, and crucially placing himself right behind his vastly more experienced team mate. The distinctly average Mark Webber's efforts, once again put into the shade by his team mate. Heidfeld particularly shaded him at Monaco last year, for example. The Williams justifying everyone's high hopes, with that Cosworth engine working a treat, and proving even more reliable than the "mighty" BMW's they now replace in the Williams. Talking of surprises on the engine front, what's going on with those Torro Rosso's? At one point Liuzzi in the "handicapped" STR overtook Coulthard in the Ferrari engined "A-Team" car! The restricted V-10 exception was put in place for teams with low budgets, but surely as Red Bull have more money than Bernie then they need to either get a V8 before the end of the season, or have another 500rpm (at least) knocked off their engines?

Massa did extremely well to qualify just 4 hundredths behind Schumi yesterday, but today showed his usual flakey form. Like Ralf and Jarno, he is capable of occasional flashes of brilliance during qualifying, but on race day just fails to delivery the goods consistently. The Stupid Aguri's continued to provide mid-race comedy as expected, both managing to gain a drive-through penalty without turning a wheel, and also for going in for a pit stop at the same time, and then one of them stalling it and taking themselves out of the race. What a bunch of spastics.

Quote of the day has to be good old Fisi:

[QUOTE=Giancarlo Fisichela]This car is f*cking sh*t.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:11 AM

He gave it his all, and his younger opponents just made it look easy. He looked a clearly broken man as he walked from his car
LMAO, did you see the same race as me ?

Alonso looked pretty tired at the end, Schumacher didn't have a bead of sweat on him and didn't even need a towel, unlike Alonso, who was wiping his face dry.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ff_mark,Mar 13 2006, 01:11 PM
LMAO, did you see the same race as me ?

Alonso looked pretty tired at the end, Schumacher didn't have a bead of sweat on him and didn't even need a towel, unlike Alonso, who was wiping his face dry.
Schumi had clearly done his utmost and driven the a*se off that car, and he came in 2nd to two guys who by all accounts had a fairly easy afternoon. Alonso's main problem was that mullet of his, but he didn't look particularly tired. In Renault's own words, Fernando was controlling the pace the whole afternoon, and when it came to a head to head at the pit-exit, Alonso had the clear advantage.

The look on Schumi's face as he left the car showed the realisation that he gave it his all, yet only bagged 2nd place due to Kimi's poor starting position.

Quick Reply: F1