Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

F*ing angry

Old 08-23-2006, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate those drivers.

Similar thing happened to me on a round-about at the weekend....

2 lanes, MPV on the inside, I'm on the outside lane slightly slightly behind. Both going straight on. As we've gone round the round-about, he's cut over to my lane. So I hit the horn to warn him I'm there (and to gesture he's a pra** As I drive past hes the one going mad at me instead of retaliating I blew him a kiss. This guys face was a picture People just don't know what to do.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by little Chris,Aug 23 2006, 08:46 AM

2 lanes, MPV on the inside, I'm on the outside lane slightly slightly behind. Both going straight on. As we've gone round the round-about, he's cut over to my lane. So I hit the horn to warn him I'm there (and to gesture he's a pra** As I drive past hes the one going mad at me instead of retaliating I blew him a kiss. This guys face was a picture People just don't know what to do.
I see that scenario every day round here

It's so bad (veering out of either lane) that I never overtake 'on' the roundabout anymore

I suspect any amount of holding you up or inconveniencing you gives these people a buzz

So I try to hold back until there is an opportunity that they won't be able to defend

Sticking close to them over several miles just reinforces their belief that you are a tosser and they can really drive
Old 08-23-2006, 12:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe it was a Lexus Hybrid and the petrol engine sprung to life, unleashing its barely controllable power, catching the driver off guard ...
Old 08-23-2006, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Vixen,Aug 23 2006, 08:24 AM
That's never happened to me before
You are very lucky or you don't go out in your car much!

I find this a very common occurence. You get used to it. You need to drive defensively. I think about what this is doing to their blood pressure and amuse myself with that thought.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Banned

Vixen, if you had been in the right gear you should have been able to clear him before he knew what hit him. Make sure you do that every time you overtake, rather than a liesurely pass.

People in 4x4's/MPV's more often than not have shit lives and inferiority complexes about sports cars, so just do what you can to dispatch them as quickly as possible.

I can honestly say that I have never had a car speed up and impede my overtaking manouvre. This is because I never give people the opportunity by hanging back in the right gear until the time is right and then scream past. It's the only way.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by grahamb,Aug 23 2006, 09:26 AM
No, report it. If anyone else has before or does afterwards it starts to build up a picture and it may well get looked into.

Anyone live nearby who just so happened to be coming the other way and saw the whole thing? These people deserve to be pulled up at the very least.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:30 AM

Sounds like a typical twat in a 4x4 who thinks they're bulletproof and resents the fact that they're not in a sportscar.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:55 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

[QUOTE=little Chris,Aug 23 2006, 09:46 AM] Hate those drivers.

Similar thing happened to me on a round-about at the weekend....

2 lanes, MPV on the inside, I'm on the outside lane slightly slightly behind. Both going straight on. As we've gone round the round-about, he's cut over to my lane. So I hit the horn to warn him I'm there (and to gesture he's a pra**
Old 08-23-2006, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bada Bing!,Aug 23 2006, 01:18 AM

I can honestly say that I have never had a car speed up and impede my overtaking manouvre. This is because I never give people the opportunity by hanging back in the right gear until the time is right and then scream past. It's the only way.

All of my overtaking on A or B roads is done in 2nd or 3rd. I want that grunt when i plant my foot. Also whenever some c0ck has been acting the twat the banshee scream of the AEM as VTEC kicks in usually causes them to wonder what fell off their own POS car as i blast past.

Ed
Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 AM

I had a similar one yesterday - a chap overtook me doing WELL over the 30mph speed limit (I would reckon closer to 60) and in doing so nearly collided with an oncoming car. I flashed him, which caused him to think it appropriate to do an emergency stop.

We then got to a 60mph stretch where he was deliberately holding me up at 20mph, so I went to overtake him - as I was pulling alongside, he tried to ram me. I dropped back and followed (at a great distance) until I could turn off the road and take a different route. All the time he was gesticulating out of the window.

I memorised his number plate and the web address that was on the back of the van and I reported him to the company yesterday afternoon. I figure if he tries it with someone else and they've reported it too, then the likelihood (if I were his boss anyway) would be that he's unlikely to be allowed to continue driving company vehicles and thus have an impact on his job. That should soon focus the mind.......

That's the hope, anyway!

Quick Reply: F*ing angry