Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Evil Speed

Old 02-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evil Speed

As usual the internet takes you off course into a range of places and sometimes, they aren't pr0n related

Anyway, came across this bunch of articles about people who died taking selfies and this page interested me the most:

http://www.voglia-di.it/a-selfie-bef...262-page2.html

It expaains her death but then says 'Courtney wasn't even speeding.'

It's as if people really think that by sticking to the speed limit you will not die and you simply don't need to pay attention because you aren't speeding.

Speed is the killer so carry on and do what you like except taking that needle into the danger zone.

Rest assured, if someone moves across the road and hits me in a 20mph zone, I'm probably going to be killed, maybe paralysed.

It is also interesting that when I was in the coroner's court recently that a BIG emphasis again was made on the speed and how it was JUST under the legal limit of the road.

'Yeah I was doing 100mph this morning because I was late for my Al-Queda meeting...'

'WHAT?!??! You were doing 100mph?!?!?! You simply have no consideration for others do you!'
Old 02-07-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 655 Likes on 570 Posts

I saw that. Silly bitch.

Yesterday i was crossing a busy road. Traffic was crawling and i was looking to wander through a gap. This old bird was crawling fwd looking at her phone, moved 20 feet, never looked up. I wanted to boot her car.

"This text/facebook/wassapp is worth running someone over for."
Old 02-08-2015, 04:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Poor family, another one for the darwin awards.

I think the worst part of the article is, I see it as "oh, just another death from txting whilst driving, serves them right" Rather than think somebody has lost their life.

Evil Speed-bpzy7.jpg
Old 02-08-2015, 06:12 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
As usual the internet takes you off course into a range of places and sometimes, they aren't pr0n related

Anyway, came across this bunch of articles about people who died taking selfies and this page interested me the most:

http://www.voglia-di.it/a-selfie-bef...262-page2.html

It expaains her death but then says 'Courtney wasn't even speeding.'

It's as if people really think that by sticking to the speed limit you will not die and you simply don't need to pay attention because you aren't speeding.

Speed is the killer so carry on and do what you like except taking that needle into the danger zone.

Rest assured, if someone moves across the road and hits me in a 20mph zone, I'm probably going to be killed, maybe paralysed.

It is also interesting that when I was in the coroner's court recently that a BIG emphasis again was made on the speed and how it was JUST under the legal limit of the road.

'Yeah I was doing 100mph this morning because I was late for my Al-Queda meeting...'

'WHAT?!??! You were doing 100mph?!?!?! You simply have no consideration for others do you!'
The law has always been famously asinine.

But these days, with quasi-religious mantra increasingly replacing empirical logic, it's becoming ever more amoebic.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
I saw that. Silly bitch.

Yesterday i was crossing a busy road. Traffic was crawling and i was looking to wander through a gap. This old bird was crawling fwd looking at her phone, moved 20 feet, never looked up. I wanted to boot her car.

"This text/facebook/wassapp is worth running someone over for."
I see this a lot when I'm out running in the evening. You can easily make people shit their pants if you knock on the window as they are crawling along at 3mph. Always makes me laugh when they drop the phone