Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Door bashers...

Old 05-12-2005, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingo-a-go-go,May 12 2005, 03:33 PM
LL - So its no worse than other peoples behaviour that so offends us? So you are therefore admitting that you are as low as the people you hate....
I'm admitting nothing - I was simply posing the question as to whether the decision to park in P&C spaces is understandable given the attitude of other people.

Yes, it may well be dragging yourself down to their level, but if that's what it takes to stop your property being damaged, there are some who would quite happily accept that trade off.

Can you equate the inconvenience of having to park elsewhere to load the kids up with the more tangible damage caused to your wallet by having to get Dentmaster out to remove the dents in your door caused by some feckless individual who wasn't minding what they opened their door into......?

I offer no view of my own at this stage but simply point out that it's a question of outlook. I assume you have kids, from your tone of righteous indignation at Sidhead. Equally, I'd surmise that Sidhead doesn't have kids from the fact that he parks there in the first place....
Old 05-12-2005, 06:45 AM

Well, you are totally wrong then - I have this weird ability to think of how other people may feel - if you look empathy up in the dictionary it should be there.....

Sidhead sounds like he is practising making kids all by himself....
Old 05-12-2005, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bingo-a-go-go,May 12 2005, 03:45 PM
if you look empathy up in the dictionary it should be there.....
They do say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.....

This argument has been done to death (more than once) in the past. It's just one of those things which polarises views - there seems to be very little middle ground at all.

FWIW, I can't see that taking up two spaces or parking in a P&C space is any more morally reprehensible than not caring about what damage you inflict on someone else's property. Neither is right, but I'd personally prefer undinged doors to a feeling of moral superiority. (Not that I park in P&C spaces, or ever have done)
Old 05-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingo-a-go-go,May 12 2005, 02:45 PM
Well, you are totally wrong then - I have this weird ability to think of how other people may feel - if you look empathy up in the dictionary it should be there.....

Sidhead sounds like he is practising making kids all by himself....
who gives a feck about mums and the disabled?

I thought everyone was supposed to be equal and most groups (especially the disabled) didn't want 'special treatment'?

I'll park anywhere I damn well like in something like a supermarket car park, on the bases of my comments above and that I am just as much a paying customer as one-legged Dave

if you are going to segregate, go the whole hog, and have spaces where expensive sports cars can park, another one for 4x4s, one for bangers, etc.

and definitely one for fit birds in short skirts

Old 05-12-2005, 06:58 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I'll vote for that!

I don't think attacking the car is the best form of justice:

I'm thinking Vinny Jones and a Rover P6 door here!

"Don't you EVER.....EVER....EVER......"

Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD,May 12 2005, 02:12 PM
I park in parent and child spaces - wouldn't park in disabled tho. Don't feel comfortable parking over 2 if carpark is busy. Best to find an end space and go as far as is possible from the other space (up grass/kerb if possible).

Camera phones make it easy to take a quick note of who is parked either side, but I don't know what you'd do with the info if you had it other than maybe getting some revenge.
selfish cnut. and where do people with kids have to park cos u have parked in there spaces,.....thats right next to your ing s2k.
there are too many selfish bastards who park in disabled ,mother and baby and taking up two spaces.
supermarkets should publicly shame people who park in disabled spaces and i have been known to accidentily clip a car if i have seen it park in a m+b space just because its a bit posh and the driver is too lazy to walk a few extra yards into the shop.

p.s.just why is it any car i park in a deserted park park will have a car parked next to it.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,May 12 2005, 02:53 PM
who gives a feck about mums and the disabled?

I thought everyone was supposed to be equal and most groups (especially the disabled) didn't want 'special treatment'?

I'll park anywhere I damn well like in something like a supermarket car park, on the bases of my comments above and that I am just as much a paying customer as one-legged Dave

if you are going to segregate, go the whole hog, and have spaces where expensive sports cars can park, another one for 4x4s, one for bangers, etc.

and definitely one for fit birds in short skirts

the reason why disabled spaces exist is to assist someone who is less able bodied......taking up such as space is selfish in the extreme

Old 05-12-2005, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by soulcrew,May 12 2005, 04:07 PM
i have been known to accidentily clip a car if i have seen it park in a m+b space just because its a bit posh and the driver is too lazy to walk a few extra yards into the shop.
Slightly hypocritical to take the moral high ground and then in the same breath admit to deliberately damaging someone's car isn't it?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:14 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

LOL - glad this is also an immotive topic for others too! The same people would be pissed off if you put a brick throught their front window (if they had any!) cars seem to be different in their view.

Id love to catch someone at it...

Gadaffi / Carper - not laughed that much in a long while !

Re the parent / child spaces - im sure we used to get along fine without these?? I dont like people parking in disabled, but I smile when I see a Ferrari or Porsche in a parent / child space

MB
Old 05-12-2005, 07:18 AM

Oh, and the real villains are the supermarkets for not making the spaces big enough, more cars squeezed in means more customers and more profit.

I genuinely believe there's a market for 'first class' sections of car parks, where you pay a bit more for larger spaces.

Quick Reply: Door bashers...