Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Door bashers...

Old 05-12-2005, 05:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Attack the 4x4. They fecked yours - put a nice key gouge in theirs.

I would have a nice laptop bag on my shoulder and twat their mirror on the way past. At a previous house, about 10 years ago a car hit my Jetta twice. I spoke to the offender on the first time (after I had watched him do it) and he denied it, almost sarcastically. He did it again, this time it looked like intent.

So I saw the car on my college carpark about a week later - saw the fella in the halls and then I went out and reversed into his, I put a belting dent into his lower quarter under his plate.

Nice and expensive that one.

Some people are scum and don't give a shit. Fight fire with fire.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I have to park close to someone and I have no choice, when I get out of the car I put my hand around the metal of the door so that when it opens it'll be my hand touching their door (if it would touch), not metal-on-metal.

What annoys me more than anything at work is people who obstruct entrances, etc simply because they can't be bothered to find a proper parking space.

Like this for example:

Old 05-12-2005, 05:52 AM

Chesh, didn't you dent your car in the process when reversing into his?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:56 AM

Parking in p+c space has no legal issues, and it can cost
Old 05-12-2005, 06:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dws2000,May 12 2005, 01:52 PM
Chesh, didn't you dent your car in the process when reversing into his?
I had a mk 1 Orion and I went slowly with my metal bumper into his rear (arf). Remember metal bumpers? Those were the days eh?

It buckled his rear panel, quite badly actually but then he had put a f*ck off dent in to my jetta onside wing.

The worst of all of this? His was a Mk1 GTi.

I should be hung for the abuse of such a classic motor - but I felt better for doing it - I hoped it fecked his week up.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:12 AM

So because its not illegal its ok to be selfish?

Time to emmigrate if this is people's attitudes.....
Old 05-12-2005, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bingo-a-go-go,May 12 2005, 03:12 PM
Time to emmigrate if this is people's attitudes.....
Playing devil's advocate, is it any worse than the attitude of those people who don't appear to give a toss about what damage they inflict on the cars around them, as they load their shopping and/or kids into their car......?

I used to park across two spaces, but only because I tended to shop at times when the carpark wasn't busy - and even then, I'd stick mine right over the far side of the carpark to minimise the scope of dings. It still didn't stop the previously-mentioned :wits: who choose to park right next to you, even though 95% of the carpark is vacant
Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by ian220574,May 12 2005, 12:11 PM
I agree with MLC-PM. When in the S I always (and I mean always) take up 2 spaces. People tend to take the p1ss in work, but there you go. Since I have had the S, I have only ever parked next to someone in a space and low and behold I have a ding mark! NOw I dont park if there aren't two spaces.
you are asking for trouble doing that in my opinion....it displays a certain degree of arrogance that is likely to illicit an unfavourable reaction
Old 05-12-2005, 06:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD,May 12 2005, 01:56 PM
I was in a garden center recently and some woman was messing about in the back seat of her car trying to load in the tat she'd bought, her arse was repeatedly ramming her car door against the 05 plate car next to her. I challenged her about it and she just shrugged. After she had fecked off I left her reg on a note under the other car's wiper, with a short note.
Good for you I wish more people took action like that.

Alternatively I may hire hit man Carper in his Jetta to unleash social justice on those who antagonise me.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 AM

LL - So its no worse than other peoples behaviour that so offends us? So you are therefore admitting that you are as low as the people you hate....

QED

Not too good a Devil's advocate I'm afraid....

Quick Reply: Door bashers...