Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Door bashers...

Old 05-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a Door Defender and use it to insert into the fat feckers that ding your car!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickrg3,May 12 2005, 03:23 AM
especially when you are leaving it there a long time. how do you know the car next to you isnt going to drive off and be replaced by a knackered nova 10 mins after you walk away?
no one used to want to park next to me in work when i had my nova
Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 AM

Thank god everyone is as worried about car park dents as i am. I drive round and round looking for the space with the biggest gap either side or park in a bay for 2 cars and take them both up(selfish i know)
I probably would'nt be so bad but my audi a3 1.8t which i,m also pretty precious about has been reversed into three times and had three dents from idiots opening their doors on it, one by a chelsea tractor or van because its huge and above the protective plastic bit. Bloody careless tossers the lot of them. I even had an old bloke hit the audi as i was sat in it, when i confronted him he just walked away with me screaming abuse at him. Told the cops but doubt anything will come of it.
How about we set up a petition for tesco to provide posh car parking spaces for a small fee added to your shopping bill, i know i'd pay it.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM

I agree with Mole. I've dutifully read through all seven pages but my take on this is how vulnerable to dents and dings the S is, even if to utter it is heresy. I've never owned a car that accumulated so many dents in such a short time as the S and the same applies to stone chips. However I bought the car to enjoy the driving experience and even though I have got three beaters at my disposal, can't bear to not be in my S.

I still believe in 'do as you would be done by' and would never park in a disabled or parent and child space but I would remonstrate with anyone I caught committing wilful damage, dropping litter, jumping a queue etc. but do acknowledge that some people would remonstrate with me for breaking the speed limit in areas where I consider it safe to do so.

I don't lose any sleep about the dents or my granddaughter's sticky fingers, life, for me, is too short.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM

This problem is worrying me a bit - my branny S comes on Sat and I don't have a garage, there is a shared car-park as well as a space on the road -it's a quiet area.

I think I'll be going and having a word with the other residents (those that I haven't already spoken to) and remind them that I have an extremely powerful hi-fi system, a penchant for Drum & Bass played at bone-crunching levels, and no need to go to bed before 2am, currently only reined in by good manners and courtesy.

Fact: I have a white van for my business that gets washed every three months if it's lucky - despite being parked bad places when I'm in a rush, it never gets bothered;never a scratch, ding etc. ever. I used to have CRX Vti that was in amazing condition for its age, it was a magnet for malice - think boot-prints on the window where someone "had" to kick it; similar things happened a number of times.

I think most scum-bags, having little consequence, find themselves in a position of power when they see a nice car, and are able to actualise their pathetic existences by causing grief for others.

I did see a Merc SL Cab in Sainsburys the other day - It had the roof down maybe you should be shopping there!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by UK_S2000,May 12 2005, 12:22 PM
Why don't you let his tyres down instead?
many years ago I had a few run ins with an old boy who lived opposite.
I used to park in his spot to annoy him sometimes.
One day I went out to work and found all my tyres were really low, almost flat.
Guessing the culprit, I decided not to rise to the bait and ignore it.

Then the dust caps wouldn't come off... old git had filled the valves with Araldite
and stuck the caps back on. Awesome

Took me a few trips to the tyre shop for a revalve on each, major hassle. tyres were okay though!

You need a 'TrunkMonkey'
http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/category/4/68/51/
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM

I have one question for you all.

I'm all for wide spaces for parent and children, but why do they have to be right up the front of the car park??

Disabled spaces I can understand, but surely you are going to push the kids around the shops anyway, what difference is another 50 yds going to make?

the campaign should be for wider parking spaces all round not just for P+C or disabled IMHO

Oh and I take up 4 spaces in the chevy, not through choice just cos its 17ft long and 7.5 ft wide. Bingo will probably campaign to have me legislated off the road now.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lloyd Six,Apr 23 2006, 04:02 AM
They are stickers made from the most bastardly hard to remove paper, you try and peel and get about a 1mm piece off, they are A4 sized, position it so there is no way they can drive off without removing (you need a bowl of boiling soapy water, a stanley blade and about an hours time!).
i get them in work for parking on yellow boxes/disabled spaces... they come off in seconds with this....

so much so i keep a can in the car now
Old 05-03-2007, 04:25 AM

Some sadistic people on the forum here hey.

But i see its not just me. very often i park, but then i go back after a while coz i dont think i have a good enough parking, or i see a better one. and i always try to park next to a pillar, then there is a wider space next to the pillar. it helps. And 99% of the time i only park undercover so there is usually a pillar around.

But i have had my fair share o incidents:
1) Younger brother, aka DB or Door banger as i call him, knocked the clio's door and gave it a big dent against a wall. in his defense, it was my fault for parking new to that wall. but still.
2) Sam younger brother. we parked at a fast food place next to my friend. we all chilling in his car, a STi, and i dont know what the hell DB is doing in the drivers seat of my car but i feel the Sti shake with a bang. My drivers door.
3) Wife. We park next to a thick pole, it was X shpaed acting as a pillar. i ask her nicely to watch the door, and she bangs it!!!! I was angry, but tried to be the better man.
4) This weekend, i was dropping my mother off in her C Class, so i park away from a wall so she can get out comfortably and out of nowehere my wife opens her door, bagns it hard againts another pole!!! So after my mother gets out, i cracked and told her how everyday the bang she left on my car bothers me and how i can see it entering our parking coz it catches the morningg light and how angry i am. Now we call her DB2.

The problem is some people just dont care. no matter what u do.

My one friend, the day he bought his GTV takes it to his best friend. the father gets in, bangs the door on the wall, and says nohting!!! he was cracked. In fact, the Day i took my S home, my mother does the same thing! why dont htey understand!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Jel

Do you reckon they would relax animal import laws for a batch of S specific Trunk Monkeys?

EDIT: must not skim read and repost, sorry m1bjr

Quick Reply: Door bashers...