Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Door bashers...

Old 05-24-2005, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moor deybe,May 24 2005, 03:41 PM
So what exactly did you do Rafael?
We need to know
We need to know I reckon you carved 'c**t' into his door or something....can't say I wouldn't be tempted to do the same. If my car got dinged and I knew for sure who had done it I would almost certainly put my foot into their door. It's only fair.

Taking two spaceswas a mistake if the car park is a busy one, people will get very angry if they can't find a space and see a sports car taking up a space they could be using. I know it would wind me up. They might decide to squeeze their shit heap next to it and 'accidently' bang the door.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rafael,May 24 2005, 01:05 PM
Anyway I got back to the car and someone saw the person do it and took their registration and make and model and left it on my windscreen
why didn't you pursue it through your insurance?

You deserve everything you get if you took 2 spaces deliberately in a busy car park
Old 05-24-2005, 10:34 AM

Whoh there ladies!

I have calmed down a bit now but still of the same opinion

For the following reasons:

The dent guy has been out and had a look at the dent and he couldn't get it out fully (although now it is hardly visible).

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother and just say "that's life but.......I know for sue that I had the right car because the person who left me the note verified the car make, reg, cloour etc.

He also left his number so I called him and he actually saw the person do it. Who not only realised that they had dented the car (he saw them stoop and inspect and after banging it farily hard) but worse than that he also rested their METAL breif case on my bonnet (which has also left a series of scratchs, but these polished out) whilst he light his fag!

On the whole 2 spaces front. By the time I get to work there is only 1 space left it's marked out as 1 space but there is just enough room to squeeze another car next to it (which is what people do, I have been back before and had to climb in over the passenger seat) so I parked parked across to stop someone parking next to me (just not far enough accross).

It's a private car park not public so people don't worry about parking fines.

So it was strictly only 1 space and I never park over 2 clearly marked spaces.

Insurance route wasn't taken due to high excess and from experince it's a general pain in the bum.

What did I do?? (I can't remeber, honest!)

What ever I did (or didn't do) it serves him right cause he knew damn well what he did (if it had been an honest mistake or he left his details or even a note then fair enough).

I have now found alternative parking so back to enjoying the drive to work in the morning.

Raf
Old 05-24-2005, 12:18 PM

Still, doesn't justify criminal damage Raf.

Have you thought the person who left the note might have been the one who caused the damage, and just wanted to shift the blame?
Old 05-24-2005, 01:13 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Door bashing is one thing, if I found someone resting a briefcase on my car they would end up resting face up on the ground. That really would cause the red mist to descend...

Raf, I can undestand why you did it, some things piss people off more than others and people objecting above, may be wound up a lot more by things that wouldnt bother others. If its spur of the moment thing it can be a bit difficult to hold back

MB
Old 05-24-2005, 01:15 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Richie also has a good point. When my neighbour hit mine, I came back to the car not knowing who had done it. Another neighbour said they thought it was a red jeep that often parks there, and I was ready for revenge! Luckily the real culprit came round pretty quick to let me know - I could have ended up looking like a large tosser!

MB
Old 05-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Richieh,May 24 2005, 08:18 PM
1) Still, doesn't justify criminal damage Raf.

2) Have you thought the person who left the note might have been the one who caused the damage, and just wanted to shift the blame?
1) It does for me

2) That's actually a very good practical point, but it's only an issue to be clarified before taking action.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:16 PM

1) True, but you're a bad lad Gad.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:44 AM

Just got parked up once and this guy parks directly behind me and bumps the car forward [not the S]. So I got out and he just walks off, I called him back and he says well I didnt cause any damage, no apology or anything he doesnt stop to look for damage or discuss hes just walking away. Now actually there wasnt any damage but his attitude was grinding on me all day, happily his car was still there when I came to going home and I just happened to have collected several sachets of tomato sauce from the canteen, looks good on silver and is faster than deflating tyres.

He could have just said sorry, the truth was to say sorry would have admitted a mistake and he had someone with him, so that was out of the question of course!

Some people!

Old 05-25-2005, 04:14 AM

I don't think I'd have let him walk away. I don't mean I'd have assaulted him, but walked along with him and told him I was calling the police on my mobile to report an RTA as I dialled, and carried on walking with him. I'd expect the worry of the police involvement (even though they're unlikely to do anything) or the potential embarrasment of having someone turn up to their place of work, or wherever they're going, to discuss that, will turn most people around.

Quick Reply: Door bashers...