Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Door bashers...

Old 05-24-2005, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happend to me yesterday.

It's only a small dent (right in the middle of the door) but it is still a dent on a previously immaculate car (I was so upset I caught the bus this morning as I could not face the though of going back to another dent).

I had even parked over 2 spaces but some one had squeezed in stupidly close.

Its stange cause in the morning before I parked up, I parked in 3 other spaces before I finally decided on the one I choose (but it was obviously the worng one).

Now I have a kid and I am always drumming into him that he should be really careful when he gets out of mine or the wifes car (If in doubt climb over or let hiom get out before we park up), so the kid excuse doesn't wash with me.

Anyway I got back to the car and someone saw the person do it and took their registration and make and model and left it on my windscreen (which I saw parked in another car park this am - if I am honest I went looking). I was so angry I wont tell you what I did as you will think I am phsyco (and I am not) but lets just say they wont be driving their car for a while.

I once saw a guy in a kevscort do this to an Aston in a car park and when I challenged him he said "well he's obviously got too much cash any way" so I wrote the details of the car down and left them with the Aston Driver when he returned. The dent required a new door and would have cost
Old 05-24-2005, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rafael,May 24 2005, 01:05 PM
I was so angry I wont tell you what I did as you will think I am phsyco (and I am not) but lets just say they wont be driving their car for a while.
Hope what you did was legal? Also hope that they don't know it was you who did whatever it was you did and that they don't come looking for you to mete out their own 'revenge'.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:06 AM

"It's only a small dent (right in the middle of the door) but it is still a dent on a previously immaculate car (I was so upset I caught the bus this morning as I could not face the though of going back to another dent)."

Get a life, its just a bit of metal....

"I had even parked over 2 spaces but some one had squeezed in stupidly close."

Why would someone damage your car when you had parked so well.....?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:23 AM

Rafael, TBH what you've done there does nothing to help, and just perpetuates the problem.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:32 AM

"Wan!ers, the next person I see do this to either my car or someone else with either have their car or face smashed to peices (or both).

Extreme I know but some people have no respect for things other people have worked bloody hard to buy."

You sound like a really nice guy - someone innocently taps your car, and you go on a Michael Douglas Fallingf Down style killing spree - chill the F out man, before you give yourself a heart attack, or get locked up.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bingo-a-go-go,May 24 2005, 02:06 PM
"It's only a small dent (right in the middle of the door) but it is still a dent on a previously immaculate car (I was so upset I caught the bus this morning as I could not face the though of going back to another dent)."

Get a life, its just a bit of metal....

"I had even parked over 2 spaces but some one had squeezed in stupidly close."

Why would someone damage your car when you had parked so well.....?

perhaps someone was pissed off u had taken up 2 spaces with your fancy car.

parking in two spaces draws attention to the car.

dont do it!

p.s. raphael u sound like a phsyco
Old 05-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

sometimes these things have to be done

like for like is fair though

sounds like a little more there Raf

Old 05-24-2005, 05:40 AM

Old 05-24-2005, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bingo-a-go-go,May 24 2005, 01:06 PM
...Get a life, its just a bit of metal....
Can't really agree with that, the S2000 means more than just a means of transport to the majority of owners. Why would they frequent this forum if it weren't?

I think I'd have put in an insurance claim against the other driver seeing as the details were available, that way they'd know what they'd done and you wouldn't be out of pocket because of the repairs.... unless of course you etched "You dirty door dinging b@stard" in acid across their bonnet, then they'd know why

I have a vision of the door dinger coming back to their motor with all the tyres slashed and every panel kicked in and thinking WTF

So what exactly did you do Rafael?
We need to know

P.S. Can fully understand how you feel.
Let us know what area you're in and I'm sure someone will recommend a paintless dent removal guy.
You'll feel a whole lot better when the ding is gone.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:58 AM

I meant get a life as in Psycho's now taking the bus to work - that's a very expensive garage ornament you've bought yourself.

Its a fact of life that your car won't remain prestine if you use it.

99% of door bangers do it unintentionally - yes they are ignorant, clumsy oafs, but I don't see how that justifies wanton acts of vandalism or violence towards others.

Dent removal is cheap and easy these days, geting off criminal damage is a lot tougher.

Fair enough, if soeone went to work on your car on purpose but....

You sound a little precious to be driving an expensive car if that is how you over-react - a nice show of malicious damage/aggression in front of your son should enable him to grow up into the kind of young man that our society is becoming filled with.....

Quick Reply: Door bashers...