Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Door bashers...

Old 05-13-2005, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_to60,May 13 2005, 10:43 AM
it's no ing wonder the country is in such a state

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

On the one hand people want respect but on the other side of the coin are not willing to reciprocate unconditionally.......

The spaces are designated for a particular purpose....if you use them inappropriately you are sticking two fingers up..........just the same as 'youfs' who litter the streets instead of using the bin

It's all about respect.....as individuals we all need to do 'our bit' and if that means not using P&C spaces unless you 'qualify' then so be it....it's a question of attitude and there are some people on here who display utter arrogance and contempt for anything that doesn't suit them.....
well said.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by zero_to60,May 13 2005, 10:43 AM

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

On the one hand people want respect but on the other side of the coin are not willing to reciprocate unconditionally.......

The spaces are designated for a particular purpose....if you use them inappropriately you are sticking two fingers up..........just the same as 'youfs' who litter the streets instead of using the bin

It's all about respect.....as individuals we all need to do 'our bit' and if that means not using P&C spaces unless you 'qualify' then so be it....it's a question of attitude and there are some people on here who display utter arrogance and contempt for anything that doesn't suit them.....
I agree to an extent but the problem with showing people respect is they either take advantage of it or don't show you the same respect back. For examples of this look at the responses people have had from those who have dinged their doors, they don't give a shit. This is a typical attitude, especially by parents IMHO, who are under the impression that the world revolves around the noisy, smelly thing in their back seat.

I don't park in disabled spaces myself as they have a genuine need, and I'll only use P&C spaces after 8pm - children should be in bed by then, anyone complaining to me will have their parenting skills put into question. That's rare though, I generally find that parking as far away from the entrance is as good as having a double-space anyway. Never underestimate how lazy people are.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Neil.H,May 13 2005, 11:01 AM
I agree to an extent but the problem with showing people respect is they either take advantage of it or don't show you the same respect back
but surely one has to start somewhere........

as an example what kind of message does it send out to kids when they see an adult on their own taking up a parking space designed specifically for an adult who has kids with them?

the message it sends out is "I shall do as I please regardless"

everyone needs to take responsibility for their actions and see them as part of the bigger picture and what message their actions send out

This ' you' attitude in society has to stop but it will only happen if everyone does their bit....
Old 05-13-2005, 03:30 AM

I think I'll get a "Hoodie" made for the beater...then they'll know I mean business !!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:14 AM

"This is a typical attitude, especially by parents IMHO, who are under the impression that the world revolves around the noisy, smelly thing in their back seat."

So you were never a child then? Children are our future, and they don't appreciate the need to be careful with property - the parents should be teaching them right and wrong.

I reckon a lot of the time people are worried about someone getting out of their car and having a go at them - hence avoid eye contact.

People's intolerance of others is remarkable!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by craig armstrong,May 13 2005, 08:48 AM
- the French really don't give a about their cars, they are simply a tool to be used and abused.
French people or cars ?
Old 05-13-2005, 05:06 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil.H,May 13 2005, 11:01 AM
I agree to an extent but the problem with showing people respect is they either take advantage of it or don't show you the same respect back. For examples of this look at the responses people have had from those who have dinged their doors, they don't give a shit. This is a typical attitude, especially by parents IMHO, who are under the impression that the world revolves around the noisy, smelly thing in their back seat.

I don't park in disabled spaces myself as they have a genuine need, and I'll only use P&C spaces after 8pm - children should be in bed by then, anyone complaining to me will have their parenting skills put into question. That's rare though, I generally find that parking as far away from the entrance is as good as having a double-space anyway. Never underestimate how lazy people are.
you've hit the nail on the head Neil. i rarely, if ever, have the opportunity to go to the supermarket before 7.00pm.

i fully agree with showing people respect, and i always show people respect irrespective of whether they show it back or not. however, as neil says, a lot of people take and don't give back. unfortunatly, the british sense of fair play means that people who don't give back get away with it. eg the chavs in the uk, or france in the EU.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Eni

Many years ago...well about 7.. i used to work at Sainsburys...On tills and doing trolleys in the carpark. I have seen so many people not give a damn when opening their doors...The biggest offenders appear to be mothers with their children. Beacuse they tend to have kids with buggies and stuff they need more space to get in and out, especially if the kids are playing up. Which they normally are after a few hours round sainsburys.

So I think the Mother and child spaces are a great idea...if we leave them free for people to use them what they were designed for then there will meuch less door dinging done. Also less kicking of doors by the kids as they get in and out....seen that many times too.

Also we were given special stickers (just smaller than A4) to stick on peoples windscreens who were parked in disabled bays and not showing a disabled badge. I took great pleasure sticking them right in the main view on the drivers side....peeling off the whole sticky A4 back..and man were they sticky.

I remeber a guy having a complete go at me beacuse I put one on his brand new Jag...I said "tough you park there you display a badge, if not you get stickered". He did this for 3 weeks in a row. Before he stopped parking in them.

Also had people drive off without removing them....pretending they cant see them....twats.

I'm a little biased though as my dads disabled and can't walk very far so has to use disabled bays to help him out.

The bays are there for a reason.....respect them....you might get some respect back.
"What goes around comes around" as they say.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_to60,May 13 2005, 09:43 AM

oh get off your high horse Z

aren't you/haven't you been as selective as anyone else when it comes to 'rules'?

I'll bet you are when it comes to speeding

and that's selective observance of a law, with potential life and death consequences

not the 'conventions' of supermarket parking with all the consequences of fatso and Alicia having to walk 100 yds

Old 05-13-2005, 07:53 AM

afternoon Gad...........

Quick Reply: Door bashers...