Old 05-13-2005, 12:36 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Dont get me started on the French....

Im off for a quote on the damage in a bit

MB
Old 05-13-2005, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote "If you take up two spaces in a car park you deserve something bad happening to your car - if everyone did it, only half as many people could park in the same place."

Just to clarify - the two spots I take up are in my company car park, and are round the corner and out of the way from everyone. They just happen to be two spots that nobody would use anyway, because they'd have to walk an extra 25 steps to get into work. I have therefore claimed them as mine.

Curiously, the cark park is only ever half full, but everyone herds near the entrance. We can actually watch the parking antics of staff members from my office window. It is very frightening - especially the Russian students.

I wouldn't park in two spaces in a public car park, as I think it would attract unwanted attention. So, here are my rules for parking in a public car park (OK, I admit my car is a weekend toy, and that I am paranoid) :

. Find a single parking spot where nobody can park next to you
Or
. Park in an area where cars are parked in a line, and not in bays
Or
. Park as far away from any other cars & the entrance as possible
Or
. Park on the top floor of a multi storey
Or
. Sit with the car
Or
. Watch the car
Or
. Take the beater

Avoid parking
. In or near Parent parking spots (too many pushchairs & prams)
. In or near Disabled parking spots (too many wheelchairs, crutches, & 'unsteady' drivers)
. Near 4x4's, white van man, old lady cars (Micras, Metros etc.)
. Near Trolley parks
. Near Walkways
. Near Skateboarders
. In Ikea

Best thing to do at Tesco - drop the wife off to do the shopping, and sit in the car somewhere quiet. She shops - you pose with the roof down. Fantastic.

(funny.... Smilies & tags aren't working.... I'll reboot...)

Old 05-13-2005, 01:09 AM

Still if Honda used a bit more meat on their panels may not have this so much. I dropped a frickin autoglym wiper blade on my wing once from 12 inches and it dented. The paint has all the adhesive qualities of butter, one sniff of a stone and it falls off. Still that was on an 03 so it may of changed. More important than all this is why dont they put less seats in planes so i can have some leg room when I fly tommorow.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by UK Paul,May 13 2005, 07:26 AM
I used the Parent / Childspaces in my S2000, when I had the kid with me, never without.

Its the same with the family Golf & two car seats in now....park in them with one or both kids

never without....

So assume the Fez / Porka are kid filled & if not they are Twats.
i use the parent/child spaces if they are available and i don't have kids. why should they get preference just because they have children?

the parent/child spaces are only marketing tools to encourage parents to go there. they are not like disabled spaces where there is real need for wide spaces near the door. i go to the supermarkets where i know there will be a wide parking space for me so their marketing tools work.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:16 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Mole - keeps the weight down though

Had another incident the other week, parked in Tesco no where near the trolley park. Whe I return there's a trolley up against my front bumper. No marks, but I can only assume its rolled into the car as it was on a slope

I never had this with any of my scoobs and they got more attention! maybe the S is seen as a flash / posers car and people are more spiteful towards it?

MB
Old 05-13-2005, 01:35 AM

The fault is with a) the owner of the carpark trying to cram cars in, and b) the fault of people who don't give a sh*t about other peoples property (this happens whether the spaces are big or not).

Parked up in Chris's beater, the child in the car next to us opened the door and whacked the wing mirror. Daddy told child to stop giggling, and completely avoided making any eye contact with Chris or I (still in the car) for the 5-10 minutes it took him to get the bikes etc., out the car, and made no effort to apologise.

Or the woman who parked so close to me she couldn't open her drivers door - I was approaching my car (luckily) to get in it, and waited for her to look at me, give a sheepish grin, reverse temporarily so I could get in the car, and then drive straight back to the "space" she was in.

Having said that, I don't park in disabled or mother and baby bays, or across 2 bays unless it's the work car park which is half empty.

And I really don't understand why in an empty car park someone always parks next to you!!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by lower,May 13 2005, 09:12 AM
i use the parent/child spaces if they are available and i don't have kids. why should they get preference just because they have children?

the parent/child spaces are only marketing tools to encourage parents to go there. they are not like disabled spaces where there is real need for wide spaces near the door. i go to the supermarkets where i know there will be a wide parking space for me so their marketing tools work.
it's no ing wonder the country is in such a state

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

On the one hand people want respect but on the other side of the coin are not willing to reciprocate unconditionally.......

The spaces are designated for a particular purpose....if you use them inappropriately you are sticking two fingers up..........just the same as 'youfs' who litter the streets instead of using the bin

It's all about respect.....as individuals we all need to do 'our bit' and if that means not using P&C spaces unless you 'qualify' then so be it....it's a question of attitude and there are some people on here who display utter arrogance and contempt for anything that doesn't suit them.....
Old 05-13-2005, 01:45 AM

Old 05-13-2005, 01:59 AM

Er..this may be a tangent but as someone mentioned Sainsbury, here's another irritation.

In the last month our Sainsbury have 15 albanians with dodgy flourescent caps, wheeling trolleys of dirty water around offering to wash your car...and set your alarm off...oh and leave your wipers up....and all for
Old 05-13-2005, 02:02 AM

DINGED DOOR CORNER!

Quick Reply: Door bashers...