Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Door bashers...

Old 05-12-2005, 02:52 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Door bashers...

My car had not a scratch on it when I bought it 2 months ago - totally spotless. Now it has been scratched and im getting very pissed off. Im quite calm generally, but there's something about property disrespect that I think could drive me to give someone a smack.

I have a garage at my flat, which im waiting to have cleared before I use it, so im in a visitors spot. My neighbour scuffed my door the other day by clipping it with his with his Mundano. To his credit he came round and owned up, and there is no dent, but some scratches. Not happy at all.

Parked next to a 4x4 (mistake I know) in a sports club car park yesterday. I left a lot of door room. Came back and they have scratched the door handle and put a small dent, with some tiny paint loss beneath it. I was f*cking seething! I go to the place weekly and if I see the 4x4 - its getting some payback. I know it was this car that did it.

I dont think im anal about this, I just dont like my car being damaged. I have in the past made a mental note of who ive parked next to in case of any damage. Im really careful who I park next to (normally) and where I park. My mates take the piss as I sometimes wait a few mins at places like the cinema, for a decent space to come available rather than park somewhere out the back.

Amount of times ive sat in a car and someone's parked next to me and opened the door on my car, is quite a few. I bollocked an old bloke for doing it the other day - felt a bit bad after but ts jusct ing ignorance!

I find this worse than bad driving. Anyone else get overly annoyed?

MB (angry)
Old 05-12-2005, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By payback, do you mean you'll talk to them about it, or attack the 4x4? The latter would be dumb.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your not alone mate
Ma lady had a brand new clio (i know not her fault really) and parked up in tesco car park, out of the way, so the car wouldn't get touched.
Lo and behold some cnut had parked up next door when there were acres of spaces ,about 1/2 foot away from the passenger door and dinked it. I responded in kind by booting their door with a discrete back healer.

Wankers, makes my blood boil.
Thankfully i have my own spot at work for the S and everyone knows i'm more than a little overly protective of it
Old 05-12-2005, 03:21 AM

Yesterday - Mrs MLC-PM parked the Ka on the far side of an empty car park. She returned to find a car parked next to her, with only inches between the cars. Funny thing was that the driver had even pulled his mirrors in! The rest of the car park was empty!

We don't get it either.

I also have my 'own' parking spot round the side of our building. There are two spaces side by side all on their own. I park right in the middle of both, regardless of what car I am driving (S or beater). Never trust any other driver in a car park.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Richieh,May 12 2005, 11:01 AM
By payback, do you mean you'll talk to them about it, or attack the 4x4? The latter would be dumb.

As satisfying as it would be to go and scratch the 4x4 to make up for your suffering, it really isn't the most sensible thing to do!

Why don't you let his tyres down instead? That way you won't damage his vehicle, but you inconvenience him none-the-less. Even more so if he hasn't got a foot pump.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:23 AM

Carparks suck! think I got a tap on the tail in Sainsburys thinking back seeing my bumper is slightly ajar and that was the only place I parked it inbetween washes when I noticed it.

Though I am lucky really with my trainstation carpark as we have a little routine now. Get there at 6:40 and down the side of the carpark along the fence which has cameras on it you can only park nose to tail. it's such a routine that Im always parked up behind a black TT and just as im putting the pay and display in the window the Blue X5 rolls up behind me. no chance of any door dings and the same cars everyday which dont want to be damage either.

Best bit is the exit route is only for that strip of cars so maximum of 12 cars driving past yours all day.

Havent had a single ding in that carpark which I leave the car in for >36 hours a week. side by side parking is not for me thanks. especially when you are leaving it there a long time. how do you know the car next to you isnt going to drive off and be replaced by a knackered nova 10 mins after you walk away? Oh and baby on board signs!! stay the frig away from my car with you wide open doors and pushchairs
ADP

Ive sat in my car and given people the look of death as they open their doors, just to make sure they know Im watching what they are doing

I too hate disrespect for property, t0ssers
Muz
Former Sponsor

You're not alone. It ticks me off no end (in any car).
Old 05-12-2005, 03:25 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Pie_n_Chips,May 12 2005, 11:01 AM
Your not alone mate
Ma lady had a brand new clio (i know not her fault really) and parked up in tesco car park, out of the way, so the car wouldn't get touched.
Lo and behold some cnut had parked up next door when there were acres of spaces ,about 1/2 foot away from the passenger door and dinked it. I responded in kind by booting their door with a discrete back healer.

Wankers, makes my blood boil.
Thankfully i have my own spot at work for the S and everyone knows i'm more than a little overly protective of it
Winds me right up . i've had my S about 2.5 years now and i've lost count of the number of little dings it's had. Chips away have done two on the bumper, its been smacked into from behind in a cp and had a new bumper (I saw, I claimed off), dealer scratched it, someone sat on the front wing and scratched it (when I say someone i mean some cahunt), front number plate has been hit a few times, there's now a mark on the front bumper too.

Don't take it out on their cars, take it out on them... physically.

I sit at a window overlooking our car park at work and i reckon a good 25% of people are too fat to get into their cars and end up dinging the other car doing it..

fact hunts the lot of em.

they'll burn in hell though cos god's a racing driver
Old 05-12-2005, 03:27 AM

Happens here all the bloody time.

I had a guy round to have a look at the car and he said that nearly every panel has at least one ding on it and a couple of scratches.

Dhs 700 to do the lot - about

Quick Reply: Door bashers...