Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Dangerous Driving

Old 11-25-2010, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by martin j,Nov 25 2010, 09:02 PM
Oh for some "James Bond" type gadgets at times like this.
I've been having "visions" of flame throwers etc!
Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Nov 25 2010, 07:44 PM
I don't reckon PP's is penis all that

Just a guess, mind you
Old 11-26-2010, 07:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Penelope Ptistop,Nov 26 2010, 12:23 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Notts police insisted they didn't use any forms, however Lincs police clearly explained that they use them. I'm waiting to hear from Lincs, who will either visit me or send me the forms, I believe.

Are you saying the incident will only be known to that particular area? If so, that really won't help anyone as this was on the A1, he could live anywhere and continue doing this or worse.

Does the letter just state the allegation and a warning?

I'm glad you said ringing the police was the right thing to do, I feel a bit better about it now!

Thanks,
If Notts don't use forms then they should have been prepared to take details over the phone - it should not be down to you to have to run around for them.

The reason I said the car would only be known for the incident in the force area reported is that every force has it's own call handling system which would flag up the index if the car is stopped (or at least it does in London) if anyone checks that vehicle. This is separate to the Police National Computer which obviously is countrywide.

If the force you report it to decide to put the incident on the 'PNC' then any officer anywhere who stops the car or does a check on it would be told about the 'information'. This is, of course, dependant on whether the force policy in the area requires it to be entered in the PNC ... or even allows it to be. Stuff like this would not automatically be put on the main PNC and if it was then it would be in a form that may 'drop off' after a set period.

As to how the incident is dealt with - that will depend entirely on individual force policy so I can't really say what they will do. Some may send a letter, some may send an officer (though that sadly is rarer). Either way though they should be contacted
Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 AM

Notts rang me up today and asked me to go to their station, which is ridiculous as they are miles away. They said they'd sent a fax to Lincs (my local station) but they didn't receive it. Send it again then!

They then told me to go into my local station and make a statement. Lincs police (my local station) have specifically told me not to do that.

Retford said they had contacted Lincs yesterday and asked them to phone me to arrange for them to take a statement from me.

I'm pretty fed up with it all now, as three different stations are giving me conflicting information.

I'm assuming the bloke I am reporting will be in another area to all of the mentioned above, so I will have to rely on that info being sent to another force (4 areas involved in total then!)

I'll give Lincs a few days to contact me, if they don't I'll have to go down to the station.

Lets face it, if it doesn't end up on the national computer, it will be a waste of my time reporting it.

Thanks for the info about the PNC.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Go straight to the Police Complaints Authority; they should be charged with wasting the public's time.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Agree with Nick - this sort of crap is exactly why there is a lack of confidence in the police.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by martin j,Nov 25 2010, 09:02 PM
Oh for some "James Bond" type gadgets at times like this.
Which is exactly why I intend to invent the "Bust stop Missile".

Basically you fire it at anyone pissing you off and it disintegrates their car and deposits them at the nearest bus stop.

Of course it's only useful if you are the only one to own one...
Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Glad you explained that Gary.

The name suggtested it might involve Miss Sophie Titwank...
Old 11-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Penelope Ptistop,Nov 26 2010, 05:47 PM
Lets face it, if it doesn't end up on the national computer, it will be a waste of my time reporting it.
If the driver is written to and S.59'd due to their manner of driving that will end up on the PNC.

You don't know what they are going to do until the idiots actually let you formally report it. Sometimes the Met area is actually better than I realise !
Old 11-27-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Nov 26 2010, 09:14 PM
Glad you explained that Gary.

The name suggtested it might involve Miss Sophie Titwank...
I really shouldn't post using the iPhone with fat fingers...

Bus Stop Missile....

Quick Reply: Dangerous Driving