Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk
View Poll Results: Have you ever had a car crash?
Yes
89.69%
No
10.31%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Car crashes

Old 04-16-2009, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not so far in 9 years. Been a passenger in a 306 when my mate rolled it on a dual carriageway though. That was wank
Old 04-16-2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by sneakfish,Apr 16 2009, 11:37 AM
Not so far in 9 years. Been a passenger in a 306 when my mate rolled it on a dual carriageway though. That was wank
And the award for the best phrase I have heard this year goes to..........

"That was wank" great.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:23 AM

Confrontation with a tank on the docks - lost - my fault.
Rear ended twice at red traffic lights by Parisian taxi drivers - had a Saab 900 - no damage to it - but Peugeots fold massively.
Wrote off two cars in an overtaking move - when the car I was overtaking decided to accelerate hard and then brake hard when I tried to get back in behind him. My fault obviously - NCB went from 65 to 60%.
Nothing dramatic
Old 04-16-2009, 04:33 AM
ADP

1 - On track at Goodwood, lost my ITR on some oil backwards down the barriers and written off (luckily fully insured, after a 6 month battle)

2 - Was about 18, creeping out of a drive and some dorris took the front off my car, she was going some - 50/50 though she would have easily missed me if she wasnt going twice the speed limit!

3 - Some idiot woman in Jan last year drove into the back of my M3.

Interesting things:

Big wide road, she could have driven around me easily!
She was pregnant
She had no mobile phone credit(and she was due to pop soon!)
My car was insured with a different reg plate ! oops, ok with the insurers luckily!
BMWs are tough, it took it well
206s arent, it was a mess
Old 04-16-2009, 04:35 AM
ADP

I remember your Le Mans story Gad.......sounded nasty
Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Apr 16 2009, 09:58 AM
Went years before making another mistake then rear ended a car when blinded by the sun as I rounded a corner - still my fault
Oddly, I've done almost exactly the same thing!

All my others have been silly roundabout altercations too.

Oh, apart from the time I reversed across a war memorial, trying to avoid a drinks dray, who tried to get out of my way and promptly got in it trying to do so.

Actually, in the mornings, when I was a wage slave, I had a bad habit of reading wagons' signwriting and rear-ending the car in front at low speed, resulting in no damage. Low boredom threshold...

Old 04-17-2009, 07:35 AM

one cracked bumper and rear light after spining three times in the snow and going backwards into the armco.
impact speed about 2mph. no one else involved. fortunately my only accident in all of my 14 years driving, but i was guilty of running out of talent - i enjoy driving rwd in the snow but it has forced me to reassess some ideas.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only one minor crash (if you can call it that). Girl pulled out of a side road in front of me and hit my front wing. Nice and low speed accident, no one was hurt...........apart from her VW Polo which was a mess. My Golf lived on

Come close plenty of other times, but then who on here hasn't.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

1st Crash comming home from work on a long straight road, about half way down is a junction to turn left. As im approaching the junction a car turns right on to the road im on, i slow down and see another car about to do the same! Thought he's never going to try and get across too but he did, i slammed the brakes on and hit his car side on (well front wheels) he gets out and tries to blame me, look mate my car is on the road yours isnt even half the way on, he then asks why didnt i swerve to the right to try and avoid him! oh yes ill just swerve into oncomming traffic you pleb!

Police turn up and come straight to me being a young lad in a AX GT

Id just had the car done up the previous week too, K&N, Better exhaust, service, tuned, valleted and had it booked in the following week to have the alloys polished

2nd, 2 years later, same road when a car infront suddenly slams his brakes on as he spots a mate at the bus stop, i stop in time, car behind me skids to halt just short of hitting me, i turn round to mouth watch what your doing when the car behind him dosent even realise we have stopped (too busy looking over at the fields to his right) and rams into the back of him at around 60Mph. Cue Lots of police, ambulances and people trapped in cars.

Later on found out i had torn a lot of soft tissue in my wrist and under went surgery, loads of physio and a lot of time off work and waiting to see if it would get better before compensation was paid out.

3rd, at a roundabout waiting to go straight over in a Courtesy Car, see a car join the roundabout from the opposite side with no indication so i slowly start to move but he turns right so i stop, young dickhead behind dosnt notice this and just slams into the back of me, after pulling over away from the roundabout and making sure my daughter is ok i wrench my door open just as young numpty is getting out of his car and he jumps straight back in. Swap details and i ring the garage later, little scroat had called them up to try and pay it cash in hand to avoid his insurance.

All non fault.

1st car was wrought off when my dad borrowed it and somebody drove into the front quarter.

1 fault accident when i swerved on a bend to avoid a fox and the car span off the road.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:04 AM

Had a few silly understeer/ oversteer off the road prangs in the 80's in cars.

In 84 I twatted a member of our 'gang' ( ) riding my DT125LC
on L plates (passed my bike test a year later). He was pillion on a RD200,
his leg was shattered and his kidney or spleen ruptered (cant remember
now). I hit him flat out at about 60 mph and flew at least 50 feet in the air.
The bike landed on me... I got up with just a damaged left thumb! Oh and
my crash helmet worn down to the foam.

Also twatted loads of trucks at work but I keep that to myself

Russ.

Quick Reply: Car crashes