Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Can people not take roundabouts anymore?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can people not take roundabouts anymore?

Seriously, the amount of times, i've though, i best stick behind this person as i know they are going to cut me up is amazing! what can they not see me using the other lane....

the amount of times i've had to put the brakes on because they've just cut straight across the roundabout is recidivous, are people not using their mirrors now!

And to top it off, when i beep, they give me a load of shit, as if theyve done nothing wrong.

the police should be stopping this type of driving, not sitting at the side of motor-ways waiting for someone to do 80 mph.

also, why they **** are people driving in the fast lane with nothing about. twice on the way home, which is a 10mile drive, i encotered people, who were in the fast lane, with literally nothing else about, and had to flash them to get over, and once passed they move into the fast lane again!!!!!!

it isnt a bad road, the slow lane is not horrible, bumpy etc to drive over, its fine, so why the hell are they moving into the fast lane with nothing about!

the police should concentrate on shite driving, rather then, faster driving!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 AM

On my way to work there is a busy roundabout that you have to take the 3rd exit, the right hand lane is always busy queueing, and you always get some company car bell end in something like a 318d getting in the left hand lane and going all the way round.

Thick as a f ucking pie.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 AM

i agree, it's a total nightmare...it's not just roundabouts though even on normal roads the complete lack of awareness of other road users is scary
Old 05-27-2008, 11:53 AM

I had a classic the other day, this guy was on my right as we queued for a roundabout.
He then ended up on my left, before going back to my right - I stayed in the correct lane for straight on all the time, he was taking the third exit, ie going right.

If it wasn't so dangerous it'd be funny.

Also followed a jeep on the way home, the driver clearly didn't know what red lights were for.

Kill 'em and steel their petrol, that's what I say.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harsh,May 27 2008, 08:44 PM
i agree, it's a total nightmare...it's not just roundabouts though even on normal roads the complete lack of awareness of other road users is scary
Long time no see online sir. You well?

I couldn't agree more Luke. Had a muppet this evening do it too me. As always I hung/hanged back and sure enough they would have taken my nose off. The only way to improve driver standards is get the Police force nicking people fo rbad drive, get more Police on the roads (that means less cameras) and have retesting every five years for ALL motorists. Until that happens (which it won't) keep your wits about you
Old 05-27-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by GarethB,May 27 2008, 08:53 PM
...Kill 'em and steel their petrol, that's what I say.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The problem is that most road users think that large roundabouts are simply one big lane. That's why I am always extremely cautious when someone is on the outside and I am on the inside. Personally I think large roundabouts need to have lane markings on them, not for me but for all the other idiots that use them so they can clearly see where their lane ends and mine starts.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by j8mie,May 27 2008, 07:54 PM
Long time no see online sir. You well?

I couldn't agree more Luke. Had a muppet this evening do it too me. As always I hung/hanged back and sure enough they would have taken my nose off. The only way to improve driver standards is get the Police force nicking people fo rbad drive, get more Police on the roads (that means less cameras) and have retesting every five years for ALL motorists. Until that happens (which it won't) keep your wits about you
Hi jamie, i'm good thanks, you?

been busy with a couple of new projects and nancy's company (tigertwo) has taken off big style..

i notice you're tunneling soon? sadly i cant make that date as i'm on a drift day so need to be up early in the morning!

going back to bad driving though....some blame has to be taken by town planners for their total lack of understanding of traffic flow concepts. anyone who travels towards kings x from the city will understand what i mean...what were they thinking? 3 lanes down to one back to two again forcing people into the wrong lane and then cutting people up...nightmare
Old 05-28-2008, 01:53 AM

No they cant! Get cut up almost daily by dicks who cant seem to steer round them but instead drive through them.. Have had so many near misses where i've had to brake or swerve out the way. Dont get me started on the standard of driving in the UK, its shocking. I sometimes really really wonder how many people have actually got a licence....
Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Harsh,May 28 2008, 03:36 AM
Hi jamie, i'm good thanks, you?

been busy with a couple of new projects and nancy's company (tigertwo) has taken off big style..

i notice you're tunneling soon? sadly i cant make that date as i'm on a drift day so need to be up early in the morning!

going back to bad driving though....some blame has to be taken by town planners for their total lack of understanding of traffic flow concepts. anyone who travels towards kings x from the city will understand what i mean...what were they thinking? 3 lanes down to one back to two again forcing people into the wrong lane and then cutting people up...nightmare
I'm not too bad thanks (despite what you might read about me on here )

Nice to hear your busy, and tigertwo is taking off for Nancy. Tell Nancy I have a small pressie for her when you next see her. I'll have to get Dan Hale to pass it on at the next FBK meet.

Shame you can't make the tunnel meet. However a drifting day does sound like a lot of fun

Have to agree with Harsh on this point as well. My Dad used to be a highways inspector in Reading. He said most of the thinking behind road redesign was to slow traffic down and try to force people out of their cars into public transport. Forget the fact what they had just changed was danagerous.

Quick Reply: Can people not take roundabouts anymore?