Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

A bit of fun for the weekend

Old 09-05-2009, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep nervous now. All stuff together I think.
We do have a good few spare tickets so if anyone is interested get in touch.
Better pack the camera hadn't I.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:30 AM

Good luck chaps

Enjoy
Old 09-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

good luck guys

Nige - just drive like you do on the road and everyone will get of the way

Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 AM

Best of luck chaps; Enjoy it
Old 09-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Well enjoy it we did. We must be mad selecting Cadwell for our first race. Thanks to Mark and Rich for coming along good to see you both.

First the good news, we didn't qualify last!
Then the bad news. Our engine decided to self detonate after 3 laps of the race sounding progressively worse until Nigel returned to the pit lane. The additional breather pipe in the block wasn't intentional but did mean it was game over. Odd how you recognise the sound of death rattle isn't it.

So now the challenge is on to find a replacement engine and get it sorted.
Onwards and upwards. All part of racing we suppose, even though we didn't actually get much racing in but we will. Oh yes, we will
Old 09-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bad luck guys, keep at it.
One of the better threads on here
Old 09-06-2009, 11:23 PM
ge2

Must have been very frustrating

Next time....

If it's any consultation, I went along to my brother's rally this weekend. After spending a lot of time and money, extensive testing and getting a team and support vehicles over to Wales, his clutch failed about 10 yards from the start line. It's been like that all season too

Anyone catch the 7s then?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:54 AM

Guys, Rich and I were gutted for you, we noticed a problem on lap 2, and were trying to explain it away between ourselves until lap 4, when it sounded like there were only 5 cylinders and there was blue smoke coming out.

At least Lee was smiling as the tow truck brought him back from the paddock. And Nige stayed ahead of the 944 until the engine gave up properly, though it might be time to get down to McDonald's car park and practice your starts mate

Get that new engine in lads, get yourselves back out there. As Lee said, the whole racing thing is de-mystified now, so let's see you back out there and mixing it again.

Graham, the Magnificent 7s were pretty good in the whole, the field (not a huge field, about 15 cars) were distictly split into those who were pretty committed and those for whom I suspect the cambers and bumps of Cadwell were a little intimidating, quite a olarised field. The leader dumping his sump contents all over the braking area at the bottom of the mountain was entertaining as the rest of the field came skidding through, but meant that the race was under the safety car for 15 mins while they cleared up. So lots of jostling for position in the last 5 or so laps. Not bad to watch overall though.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:35 AM
ge2

Cheers Mark, I thought the field would be bigger TBH but sounds OK. I'll see how I get on at Snetterton.

Starts were a big worry for me having long given up traffic light drag racing and now driving an auto, but I find in general, the harder I try the worse they are

A good one is very satisfying though
Old 09-07-2009, 03:15 AM

ACH! Unlucky.. anything but mechanical failure

An off would be more welcome than mechanical (without injury or huge expense of course )

Next time chaps.

Also next time I might not not be such a clutz and actually get in to see you

Long story but I arrived at the ticket gate at 12ish only to find my wallet bare and they wouldnt take a debit card Drove almost all the way to Louth to find cash then my Satnav screwed me over and I ended up almost in Grimsby (DAMN ITS EYES!) It then subsequently shafted me a second time and sent me vaguely back towards Cadwell but had decided to send me home

By the time I realised I was past Cadwell and en route home, was fuming at the satnav (or likley my incompetence ) and had missed your race anyhow so just went home.

What a waste of a day and petrol

So you werent the only ones to have bad luck yesterday

Quick Reply: A bit of fun for the weekend