Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Another new Lotus owner - K20 powered Elise S1

Old 11-19-2018, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz

i was looking at 250 Cups, but they had just come out so I could only find a 220 to drive and it just didnt excite me. A 250 with a fun exhaust may be a different offering. The plan was to get one and just track it and drive the wheels off it.

But then I spoke to Jamie at Bell and Colvill and he suprised me and was able to get me in a V6 for just a touch over my planned budget. Initially I missed some of the connection from my s1, but then that was on track nitrons, bushings replaced with nitron bearings, bigger anti roll bar, quick rack and had harnesses. This year I fitted harnesses to the v6, I wish I had done that earlier! Such an improvement and the car feels perfect now, being pinned in the seat has made all the difference.

Its a buyers market this time of year and sticker prices are not really where you’ll end up, so go find yourself a 350. You wont be disappointed, every drive, right from the fire up is an event.
I love your S1. A good combo there.

I’m driving a 220 Cup now and it’s not much different to a 250 other than a bit more rpm and top end. Komotec 265 can be added easier to a 220 too as the 250 has an uprated fuel system to the 220 that won’t work with the Komotec from what I’ve heard in Cup world.

I’d love to stick a K20 in mine but I’m a bit far off that yet. I love the engine in mine, its just enough power to push it hard without it snapping at you. Could do with a few more RPM's though. That's emissions regs for you though.

Would of liked to go down the V6 route but the maintenance and running costs are too much for what I wanted as a weekend toy.

I love my Cup, it’s going to stay a while.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great look cup, Im a lurker on the cup owners group on facebook still, but dont tell anyone in case I get kicked out for not owning one lol.

lovely looking, that toxic green is the colour to go for for sure with them. The komo tec package sounds like it’ll really step the car up, and extra 45 bhp will really make quite a big difference! Do you think you’ll get that carried out in the future?
Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
Great look cup, Im a lurker on the cup owners group on facebook still, but dont tell anyone in case I get kicked out for not owning one lol.

lovely looking, that toxic green is the colour to go for for sure with them. The komo tec package sounds like it’ll really step the car up, and extra 45 bhp will really make quite a big difference! Do you think you’ll get that carried out in the future?
Haha, don't worry, I'm pretty sure you aren't the only non owner on there. Its for anyone really. On the other hand, you cant get on the Cup register page without one.

I'm a bit of a stickler of keeping care standard as I think they sell better unmodified. I think the Komotec would be a worthy upgrade though as the low redline can be a little frustrating sometimes.